Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Lathrop, Mo Show

this thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1825 times

Old 06-14-2005, 10:04:19 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,356 Times in 345 Posts
Default Lathrop, Mo Show

Just checking are any stackers going to the Case Expo at Lathrop, Mo. this coming weekend. I plan on spending Friday through Sunday there, I will be bringing my 7 H.P. Bohon along. Should be a good show, just having fun in Southern Illinois Gary
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 07:25:40 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Lathrop, Mo Show

Hello, I have intentions of attending. Its just up the road from me a ways. I cant get there until Friday evening but look forward to a fun time showing my engines and meeting new friends.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:35:07 PM
RustyironinMO

I will be there Saturday morning with my 6 Horse RX Stover I spent two years getting it running hope for a good show and nice weather
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39:37 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,629 Times in 1,049 Posts

Isn't Lathrop the former mule capital of the world? I think I have been to the showgrounds and remember that sign as I entered the town.

Jeff Smith
Old 06-16-2005, 12:03:38 AM
Subscriber

im going, but not showing. my dad and mom are taking me for my b-day. but i intend to show up in mt. pleasant IA. this year with nyle cox. this year. cya down there this weekend if i see any of year engines mentioned i will say somthing.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:09:15 PM
Robert Bowlin

Smile Re: Lathrop, Mo Show

I met Gary Bahre this weekend and enjoyed our talk. What a good guy. Its easy to see our hobby growing with gentlemen like Gary. The show had excellent weather and was larger than in the past. Each year it gets bigger and bigger. Looks like Wednessday or early Thursday to get a better spot, they are all good when your having fun. Me and my 5hp WITTE
Old 06-25-2005, 07:00:20 PM
Registered-I

Glad to hear that many of you had a great time at the Lathrop,Mo show....and to the guy that made some nice comments about Gary....they are all true (he's my dad so I am partial).
I have a funny favor to ask you all....it's not a Bessemer a Sparta Economy, or any of the countless other engines that my dad enjoys restoring, but I have asked to restore my 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe (as a summer project). There's not a lot of work to be done to it, it's just tearing him away from one of his other engines . Next time you see him, ask him if the car is done yet.
Thanks a bunch and see ya out at the show,
Rachel
Daughter of Gary, Just Having Fun In Southern Illinois

P.S.-Mark your calenders for The American Threshermans Show Pinckneyville, Illinois (every year, the 3rd weekend in August).
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58:40 AM
Jason Denney

I was there on Saturday to take some pics of an engine for the August issue of GEM. It was my first time at this show and I thought it was pretty good. I just wish I would've had some more time to spend there! Maybe next year, huh?

Sorry I missed you Gary; maybe I'll see you at Bird City or Mt. Pleasant? Take it easy!