Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Denton NC show

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3191 times

Old 06-20-2005, 07:44:11 AM
Registered-II

Default Denton NC show

Hello, I plan on displaying at the Denton NC show for the first time. Does anyone thats been there have any tips as to what to expect? Thanks

Derek
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2005, 09:23:33 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Denton NC show

Hot weather & crowds, best to go thru gate, take a left shortly after you enter the gate, cross the railroad tract and go on thru and go on up the hill, most of the low land spots will already be taken, many people rent spots year around, always a good show, lots of fle market stuff under the trees to the right of the gate entrance. Good luck Bill Hoitt
Old 06-20-2005, 10:15:20 AM
Subscriber

Thumbs up Re: Denton NC show

Denton is a big show for the south and I have watched it grow commercially for 30+ years. Just be careful if you have anything for sale because they have some funny rules about selling there. Also, they have rules on what is considered to be an acceptable display. You don't want to end up paying the gate admission because it is $12 bucks a day per person. There will be a big auction I believe on Saturday morning and you can sometimes find some good bargains there. You can camp for free on any site that doesn't have an electrical hook-up but they will charge you for an electric site (even if you are an exhibitor). I pay in advance each year to reserve my site for the next year as most folks do. You might want to ask if a site is open before you settle on it as I have seen them make people move that settled on a prepaid site in years past.

Hope this all doesn't sound to complicated as overall it is a good time. I hope to see you there!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04:51 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Denton NC show

Thanks for the tips. I'll be there with several small engines and my Kinkade garden tractors. Fortunately, My Wife and I have some land about 4 miles from the show grounds so I will be able to stay there in my trailer.