Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Eng shows Michigan JULY 9-10

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1126 times

Old 06-29-2005, 01:44:33 PM
Subscriber

Default Eng shows Michigan JULY 9-10

I will be in Detroit and Flint area on July 9 and 10th and would like to attend a tractor or engine show in Michigan or close by Canada . I like Flea Markets too. If you have ideas or favorite shows that weekend let me know. Thank you .
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 06:06:51 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Eng shows Michigan JULY 9-10

Hi there. The only dedicated show I know of in Ontario on that weekend is the Ilderton Tri-County Heritage & Antique Show near London,Ontario. It will take you about 2 hrs driving from Windsor/Detroit to get there....but since Ontario is so big, "2 hrs away" is considered "not that far" . I think they're hosting the Int'l Cockshutt Club there this year but they (Ilderton) don't have an official website so that's all I can tell you. This is their contact number 519-232-4707 . Ilderton is a small town North of London if you want to find it on the map. Hope this helps.

Andrew.....
Old 06-30-2005, 11:44:52 PM
Registered-II

The only Michigan Show I know of that weekend is the Midland Show. About 45 minutes North of Flint. Take 75 North to US10 North/West. The Show is at the Midland County Fairground right at the Eastman Road Exit off of the Freeway. Turn Right off of the Exit and go about a quarter mile up the road and the Fairground will be on the Left. There is a sizable Mall right across the road from the show if you have anyone with you who might be more interested in that then cast iron.

It's been 2 years since I lived there, but at the time we moved our show weekend one of the things about that weekend was that there were no other shows in MI that weekend. Not sure that is still the case. I'm planning on making the trip back from NY for the show.

Midland Show Midland Show
Old 07-03-2005, 10:25:43 PM
Subscriber

Well, since nobody chimed in to remind me about the Bracebridge show, I'll correct that one myself....unfortunately, it'd take you about 6 hrs to get there from Detroit, so it looks like you're off to the Midland,MI show.
21st Annual Muskoka Pioneer Power Show
July 8,9,10--2005
Featuring Heritage Display Rooms (new!), Waterous Saw Mill (new!), Mowry Shingle Mill, Log Cabin, Blacksmith Shop, Town Criers, Linn Tractor, Engine Displays, Country Store, Lawn, Pick-up & Tractor Pulls, Class & Antique Vehicles and a Grand Parade on Sat. & Sun. Show Feature: Lawn Tractors & related Equipment. Lawn tractor pulls - Friday night. Tractor Pull - Saturday-Sunday, Truck pulls - Saturday night.7am-10am pancake & sausage/peameal breakfast.
COST: Admission $5. Accompanied children under 12 free
HOURS: Friday, 5pm; Saturday, 7am; Sunday, 7am
OTHER: Free parking
INFORMATION: Murray Jibb, 705-645-1954 or Ken Medley, 705-645-0541