Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Jacktown Show

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1703 times

Old 07-15-2005, 12:51:36 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,675 Times in 3,028 Posts
Thumbs up Jacktown Show

Any Stakers going to the Jacktown PA show this weekend? I will be going Sarurday, maybe Sunday too, if weather permits. I probably will be at the model shed.
Andrew

Last edited by Andrew Mackey; 07-15-2005 at 12:53:31 AM. Reason: need new glasses - can't see keys!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2005, 04:31:13 PM

Default Re: Jacktown Show

I'll be there, both days, wondering aimlessly, looking for a good deal. Since Paul is not going, I may stand a chance
Old 07-16-2005, 05:51:39 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,701 Times in 1,228 Posts

Old 07-17-2005, 12:56:55 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,675 Times in 3,028 Posts

I went to JT show today (SAT), won't be able to go tomorrow. Model tables almost full up with steam items, most gas models set up nearby. Early in the afternoon, JT's Pennsylvania compressor decided to break its 6" wide flat belt. For those who don't know, JT has a LARGE Pennsylvania air compressor belted to a farmall tractor, and hooked up to a 100 gallon storage tank, that is used to supply air to the model building. The air is supplied free for the exhibiters. Anyways, After some frantic searching for help, 3 guys come to look at the busted belt. (It broke at the old lacing attachment point.) They shook their heads and said "hopeless!" I asked if the club had a belt lacer, and they said they would check on it, but they didn't know how to use one anyhow. I told them, "You get the lacer, I'll worry about how to work it!" 5 minutes later, they came back with a lacer, and a couple boxes of laces. I set it up, and got the belt re-laced, and we had the compressor back in operation within 10 minutes! The 3 'old guys' got a lesson on lacing a belt! Good turnout today, and the weather held off too. I hit rain on thr way home.
Andrew
Old 07-17-2005, 06:40:32 AM
Registered-III

Andrew, I am so glad you were able to help us out with the belt. The guy who usually takes care of that for us was at a wedding in Lancaster. You know that is the time the belts have to break. It is also nice to know that when we need expertise it is close at hand. Thanks again.
Alan Ruschman, Pres. BMAG&SEA
Old 07-17-2005, 09:24:33 PM
Registered-II

I was there Sat. also, between the model shed and the road. I didn't realize the air went down. I would have been over in a heart beat. I had a great time as always. I also ran into a monsoon on the trip home.

I hope I got to talk with you Andrew when I was making my rounds at the shed. What did you bring to display?

Frank