Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors / Mowers / Scooters

Toro Zipper?

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3471 times

Old 07-17-2005, 05:44:29 PM
Registered

Default Toro Zipper?

I am new to SmokStak, and a little new to technology, so bear with me.

I have an old walk-behind sickle mower that I can't seem to ID. Someone told me it might be a Toro Zipper, but I can't find any pictures.

It has 2 hard-rubber tires about 2-3" apart on the inside of the frame with a chain drive between them to drive the wheels. The chain is driven by a V-belt with an idler. The sickle (which runs whenever the motor is running) is driven with a v-belt. It has a model N Briggs motor, which dates to March 1952, and it sits under the handlebars. The wheels and frame are green, the handlebars are yellow. The guy I got it from said it had a round hood over the top, and the name was on it, but it couldn't be found. There are no other names, numbers or tags of any kind on it.

I will try to get a picture posted sometime in the near future.

If you have any ideas, or know where I can view a picture of one, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Dale
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2005, 10:31:52 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: Toro Zipper?

I was at a scrap yard a few months ago and saw this toro zipper so I bought it. It is a toro 7458 with a lauson RSH772-6 motor. If your zipper has a briggs motor it may be a later model. I have some pictures but they are to large to load. When I get them reduced I will post them.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:46:56 PM
Registered-III

Photo Re: Toro Zipper?

Here are the pictures. The motor is free but the connecting rod part that attaches to the blade is missing. I plan to get the motor running and than I may try to sell it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zipper1.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2873   Click image for larger version

Name:	zipper2.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	2874   Click image for larger version

Name:	zipper3.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	2875  
Old 07-23-2005, 10:17:53 AM
Registered

Default Re: Toro Zipper?

Pierce,
Thanks for the pictures! I need to get a couple pictures of mine, because it is different from yours, so I'm still not sure.

Looks like you got yourself a dandy. Looks real complete. Probably be out doing custom mowing jobs in no time!!!LOL

Thanks again,
Dale Emily