Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

Domestic 1.5 Hp Motor questions

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 1016 times

Old 08-21-2005, 07:05:40 PM
NJTrackMan

Default Domestic 1.5 Hp Motor questions

I have a Domestic 1.5 Hp sideshaft motor on trucks with the original buzz box. It is still the original red color under the grease, and the original tool box with a real nice wood handled hand crank. It also has the original starting instructions on the lid of the toll box. Its probably the most original one in existence. The serial number is in the 12,000's and I think it is one of the earlier ones without the mag. It does not have the waterpump, its a straight motor. And yes, it does run like a champ, im sorry to say its the most reliable motor on my farm. How much would one of these motors bring? I am probably going to sell it to pursue other equipment, some guys say its worth 5 grand? is that right. I used to be interested in this stuff, but now I have a job where i have to work 70+ hours a week and i don't have the time to tinker around with old farm tractors and stuff anymore. I will post some pics as soon as i figure out this new digital camera. I am located in Central Jersey, 25 miles west of NYC if you are interested. Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07:00 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,674 Times in 3,028 Posts
Exclamation Re: Domestic 1.5 Hp Motor questions

If you put it on EBay, you probably may reach that amount, They are that nuts! If you do, Don't fall for the scammers, make sure you have cash in hand before shipping, or better yet, cash and carry! M.O.s and certified checks have been counterfieted, make sure it's good before the goods leave your hands! Good luck. Why dont you place an ad here at Harry's?
Andrew