Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Antique Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Antique Gas Engine Discussion

One more question about my jaeger/hercules

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1042 times

Old 09-01-2005, 09:50:29 PM
Sky

Default One more question about my jaeger/hercules

One more question, since i have never seen one of these run before and being it's a hitnmiss, and it's a fairly good size engine to me, is this one of those really good coasting engines that hit one round and coast about 15 or so times then hit again? hope so, i just love those kind of engines!

here's another picture...
Attached Thumbnails
Hitnmiss.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2005, 11:21:05 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: One more question about my jaeger/hercules

can't say for sure, yours is about the same size as mine (3 hp with 22 inch flywheels). if you get the mix real good, adjust the detent and have evey thing lubrcated well, it will coast nicely. eliminating friction is the best way to make for a good coaster. the next step that really slowed down my jaeger was putting an exhaust spring outta techumseh horse in as a governer spring. I had my engine down to 90 rpm or so (i allso cut the fuel down to nothing and capped the air intake with card paper that had a few pin holes)

hope this helps...looks like a fine engine!

Mac Leod
Old 09-01-2005, 11:50:06 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: One more question about my jaeger/hercules

I fired up my 2 1/2 hp Economy tonight which is made by the same people who made your Jaeger, and counted the revolutions by listening to the cam hit the rocker and multiplied by 2. Came out to 48 to 58 revolutions between firing. I'm not sure if your flywheels are as heavy though. It still should coast a good while. Good luck!