Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hi from california

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1349 times

Old 12-17-2009, 02:33:21 AM
Registered

Default Hi from california

Hey guys Im a pretty new to engines but just got into gokarting so Im slowly learning more about engines. To get motors for my gokarts I put ads out on craigslist and searched my local recycling center. The fruits of my labor are 4 briggs and stratton engines, one 1976 2hp horizontal from a trimmer, one 1970 3.5 hp I dunno where from, a vertical I havent looked at yet, I just today I got another edger for $5 it has a running 6s briggs on it. When doing some research I found this site and figured it would be a great place to find out more about this engine, I plan on mounting it on a old cruiser bike.

recoil doesnt work on this one, I "fixed" spring several times but its always seems to break the end off.
The Following User Says Thank You to jor2daje For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2009, 03:00:54 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,052 Times in 733 Posts
Default Re: Hi from california

Welcome aboard. That 6s is a nice strong running engine.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:39:09 AM
Registered-II

welcome im kinda new hear toi lovethis site nice finds watch it these small engines are very addictive and u will want more than u can find room for good luck,,dave
Old 12-17-2009, 09:59:42 AM
Registered-III

These small air cooled engines are a lot of fun. I enjoy them more then the big stuff. I have been working with them for over 30 years. They can be very challenging at times but rewarding when finished. I have 50 plus air cooleds in my collection. I also have 12 flywheel engines. Welcome to the site. You will enjoy it. If we can help you out Don't be afraid to ask questions. Arlie