Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Greetings From Central Illinois

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1351 times

Old 02-05-2010, 10:39:14 PM
Registered-II

Default Greetings From Central Illinois

Hi!---I am Sonny.I had to give up farming because of spinal degradation and 3 operations left me in poor condition. I currently grow a giant garden to take the ole' mind off the pain and wife and I store, can ,and freeze garden produce for winter use. I was on the farm my whole life and having to quit was a shock. I still have the equipment and its all old stuff (quite of an assortment)(pre-1980's, some from the 50's & 60's)
I have made several smaller implements to help me garden too(I cut up old stuff and make whatever I need in the line of garden sized machinery.

This is a pic of me leaning on the cart of 50+ pound each squash that we grew last year. (patch total was over 11,000 pounds. thanks; sonny
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonny Reese For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 10:54:35 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Greetings From Central Illinois

Welcome to the message boards from southeast Iowa! Good to see another fellow mid-westerner on here.

Damon
Old 02-07-2010, 12:09:22 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Greetings From Central Illinois

Greetings from west central! Wow! Those are some impressive squash! Looks like you know what you are doing for sure.