Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Howdy, Another new guy from West Virginia trying to get started

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1115 times

Old 09-10-2010, 11:11:06 PM
Registered-I

Default Howdy, Another new guy from West Virginia trying to get started

Hey fellers. I'm just getting started in this hobby. I've had a Country Squire tractor for 20 years and started out with an old Mott Model 25 before that. There's not much left of the Mott, but I have the Wisconsin AEH that was on it on my workbench in the process of restoring. It hasn't run in over 20 years, but I got the FM mag sparking and am in the process of working over the carb. At some point in the near future I'd like to find an old hit-n-miss in need of rebuilding. I'm sure I'll be needing advice because I just know enough to get myself in trouble. I look forward to learning as much as I can.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 11:37:39 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Howdy, Another new guy from West Virginia trying to get started

Welcom to the Stak, There are a lot of good people here. Don't be a stranger to the forum, And don't be afraid to ask questions, As you know the only stupid question is the one not asked.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57:30 PM
Registered-I

Thanks! You've never heard some of my questions. They can be pretty stupid! It's going to take me a while to get through all these threads and get my sea legs. I'm used to the muzzleloading forum that I belong to and it's laid out differently, plus I know a bit more about smokepoles than I do about old iron. I'm looking forward to this!

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Thanks! You've never heard some of my questions, have you? Some of them can be pretty stupid. It'll take me a while to get my sea legs on here. It's laid out different than the muzzleloading forum I'm a member of. I'm already looking at the events calendar and if I can I may get to the oil and gas show at Sistersville, WV. I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more. Catch you later!

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

For some reason my first reply didn't show up, so I re-posted and now I see both are on here. Sorry. I'll get the hang of it.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:02:27 AM
Registered-II

It took me a while to get the hang of it also