Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from South Jersey

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1378 times

Old 11-21-2010, 12:56:16 AM
Registered-III

Default Hello from South Jersey

Figure I would post something to start the journey here. For the last 30 some years I've been an licensed Operating Engineer running industrial steam boilers and refrigeration plants in South Jersey including a stint as a Chief Engineer in a plant that is now closed. Have also been involved with the railways at Rough & Tumble running and firing both the locomotives there.
Some products to come out of my home workshop are a 1" scale live steam locomotive, a small steam launch,uncounted stationary steam engines, a 2000 gallon working water tower for the R&T Shay railway in addition to rebuilding a number of hit and miss gas engines. I also fly model airplanes using antique spark igintion engines from the 1930's/40's that I collect.
I'm on a break from the steam train scene right now due to a negative interface event with a moving vehicle while on my Harley,but hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

Warren
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.jpg  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leadchucker For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 10:09:21 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Hello from South Jersey

Warren,I do love the way you have with words! Negative interface,so far that use of the English/American language has not hit Australia BUT it will come.Welcome to a wonderful site,what you have told us you have done previously indicates to me a man who will be in much demand on this site,keep cranking and smiling,Norm
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironsides For This Post:
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53:00 AM
Sponsor

Thanked 4,673 Times in 3,027 Posts
Exclamation Re: Hello from South Jersey

Warren,
Having had several 'Negative Interfaces' with autos, while riding motorcycles, I can sympathize with you on your experiance. One incedent took over 2,000 stitches and months of recovery, and 40 years later, the effects are still being felt. I hope you recover fully, and can get back soon to your projects.

A little O.T., but this is for all Stakers - Be aware of your surroundings. Look out for the 'other guy', especially for motor bike riders. I have seen and been in quite a few near misses and have been hit by several inattentive auto drivers in my 50 years of riding experiance, and the problem seems to be getting worse, especially with people on phones and texting while driving. Stay safe people, and be aware!

Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 11-22-2010, 12:21:34 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,829 Times in 835 Posts

Warren,
Good to see you here on 'Stak. Sorry it took a Negative Interaction to slow you down. Hope your recovery is swift and complete. Your expertise and input are very welcome here.

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Conte For This Post:
Old 11-22-2010, 04:26:45 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,701 Times in 1,228 Posts

Warren: Always a welcome mat here on the "STACK" for new comers . Don't be afraid to add your $0.02 when others ask for help , and if you need help, ASK as someone usually responds with "FREE" advice . Get well SOON.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:47:02 PM
Registered-II

Welcome aboard,

Quite a few Joisey guys on here!,
I'm a former shore person, traded jersey marshes for Eastern shore ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to F6Forrest For This Post: