Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello from Arkansas...

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 1035 times

Old 01-29-2011, 01:21:28 PM
Registered-I

Default Hello from Arkansas...

Hello, new to the site, and wanted to say hello.

I have recently purchased my grandparent's old house, and I am in the process of cleaning it out, and have come across several old generators and other items.

I am an avid collector of vintage scooters, mainly vespa scooters, so I know a little bit about the joys of fixing old engines, and putting them to use when others have basically given up on them.

This is why I am here. I have a hand full of old light plants/generators, that my grandfather had in the garage, and I want to get these to people that will enjoy them, and actually do something with them. I don't want them melted down into scrap metal. Of course if that is all they are good for, then so be it, but I think someone will enjoy these.

I look forward to getting to know several of you here online, and hopefully even meeting a few of you as I get these passed onto there new homes.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2011, 01:49:50 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: Hello from Arkansas...

Welcome to the site!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28:08 PM
Subscriber

Hi

Welcom to SmokStak.

I was in Rogers Arkansas weekend before last. My son and I dismantled a small aircraft and brought it back to Florida. You can’t go much further NW and still be in Arkansas.

Phil P
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20:22 PM
In Memory Of

Thanked 1,198 Times in 1,060 Posts

Post some pictures of the generators using the "Manage Attachment" Box below the message typing area. Then we will know what you have. You are relatively close to me as I am North of Springfield Missouri.

WELCOME

Kent
Old 01-29-2011, 11:20:48 PM
Registered-I

Small world Phil P. I do aviation design work, civil engineering. I have done a lot of work at the Rogers airport over the years. Enjoy that, new to you, plane.

Kent, I'll get some pictures soon. My efforts are on getting the house rentable first, and then going after the garage. I have crawled over, around, and through things in the garage in the past, and know there are at least 6 generator type looking engines of various types and sizes.

My grandfather bought a Delco business just as everyone got rural power, 48' or 49', so he got by on fixing anything and everything that he could. Heard stories of accepting payments of chickens and just about everything else because times were tough.

I have identified a 4 foot high stack of Delco light plant "control boxes" They are in various states of rust/corosion, etc. I'm sure there will be some decently interesting things statched in the depths of the garage.