Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

New guy, retired machinist, exnavy

this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 1491 times

Old 04-07-2011, 04:33:35 AM
Registered

Default New guy, retired machinist, exnavy

hi im new guy, from tenn but in calif, retireed machinst millwright, diesel nut, i guess i should say upfrontt, it saysssss i must correct spelling and punction,, i am disabled vietvet but thats not the issue, i arrested and stroaked twice, second pacekmaker, hardest hit was speecch, vocabulary, and sshort term memorty, i use these mechanic sites for frieendship, therapyy, dexterity, i remember stuff from my childhood,into 30s 40, but daybeforee yesterday and last week is sometimes tough, i like most any machinery but old stuff i like best whether it be old dairy stuff or shinggle mills,, but best of allll, i like machines when they are in any combination, loud smokkkey sharp greasy noisey heavy or explodes or thrrows stuff ohhh wayyy over yonder, my writing comes anand goes, sometimes its not so bad, bur more often than not it is not in any way grammatically correct,, i can guarantee it is not by choiace, this is what i have, and its not likely to get any better,,, im pretty moderate middle of the road in most things,, i do believe dont be mean to women, kids, pets, or mentally challenged, dont drive drinking or druggin, guess thats about it, actually i dont believe in being mean to anybody, guess thatss about it, buck
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to buckwill For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 04:39:07 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: new guy,retired maachinisst,exnavy

Hi Buck ,I hope you find enjoyment in this forum.I would say that your navy training would give you some useful skills .
Old 04-07-2011, 05:56:35 AM
Registered-III

Buck,I'm with Peter welcome to a very good site.Don't worry about spelling or punctuation we don't.Keep smiling,Norm
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57:28 AM
Registered-II

Hi Buck,
welcome to the site.
Do not worry about spelling, we will work it out. I know plenty of people with good schooling that cannot spell properly and they do not have your issues.
Cheers from an Aussie Viet Vet on TPI pension doing his best to help others here and learn at the same time.
There are many folk here who are willing to share their knowledge, and also, have some super interesting posts detailing their latest finds and restorations.
Keep smilling buddy and enjoy the ride.
Cheers,
Eddie B.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddie bedwell For This Post:
Old 04-07-2011, 07:45:00 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,701 Times in 1,228 Posts

Buck: Glad you found "US" . Contribute when you can, ask questions , make new friends, and best of all "Have fUN" , even in California. Welcome to the STACK .
Old 04-07-2011, 08:20:00 AM
Subscriber

Hello Buck...let me first say Thank You for your sevice to this great Nation and welcome to the best site on the web. God Bless.
FL
Old 04-07-2011, 09:40:07 AM
trowel

welcome to the stak buck, we could care less about the spelling, it's all the same in the end, i can't spell worth a and use the computer for my checking,
thank you for your service to this country, it's what held it all together, my cousin flys blackhawks for the navy, all hush, hush stuff, feel free to pick our brains for info. and post pic.s of you likes and such, i love pic.s, my father was a machinest for 30 years, tool and die,
you gona have fun here
trowel
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48:42 AM
Registered-I

Thank you Buck for your service to this nation.

We enjoy having you here, look around, there is alot to see, read, learn, reminisce. Shoot, go ahead and tell a friend!

Chuck
Old 04-07-2011, 03:08:22 PM
Registered-II

Default Re: New guy, retired machinist, exnavy

Welcome Buck,

You will find lots of fellowship here no matter what your brand of iron is. Enjoy!

Beau
Old 04-07-2011, 03:26:10 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 6,530 Times in 3,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwill View Post
.... i remember stuff from my childhood,into 30s 40, but daybeforee yesterday and last week is sometimes tough, ... buck
Welcome aboard, (even though your join date show's you've been looking a couple years).

Don't worry about the spelling or punctuation, and don't let the "Spell Police" get you down, which may happen from time to time.

As for remembering things from the 30s & 40s, but not remembering what happened yesterday.... sometimes it's better that way. There's a lot I'd like to forget, (and lots I have forgotten).

Enjoy the site, share your stories, and pick our brains when & where you need to. We're all here to share stories & information about the hobby and all that's tied into it.... collecting, restoring, machining new parts, rebuilding old parts, locating parts, etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:35:28 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,052 Times in 733 Posts

welcome aboard from another californianan
Old 04-22-2011, 06:03:10 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,829 Times in 835 Posts

Buck,
Glad you made it to 'Stak. Enjoy. I'm exNavy and a Millwright.
TinCans first, then a Skipjack class SSN, Small boat, Big Engine, Go Fast. You can take the boy out of the engineroom, but you can't take the engineroom out of the boy, so I went millwrighting. I see you're not far from China Lake and Ridgecrest. Was homeported in San Diego and visited Reno some. Also visited at Ridgecrest along the way. Keep plugging away and have fun, you came to the Right Place.