Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Articles] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Chat] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] - [eBay Tools]

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet Welcoming Smokstakers New and Old, a place to say a bit about yourself and post a photo if you're really brave. If you have a technical question, please post it on one of our other boards.

Smokstak Forums Meet and Greet

Hello Smokstakers from Australia

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1051 times

Old 04-20-2011, 08:53:47 AM
Registered-I

Post Hello Smokstakers from Australia

Hi from Warracknabeal, Victoria, Australia My name is Alan Bandy I am a diesel mechanic by trade and of a weekend find myself giving my time to the local Agricultural Museum were i find great enjoyment in fixing, restoring and learning from scratch, vintage Tractors, Engines and Implements. My first project was a 6hp Waterloo Big Cheif that had not been run for around 20 years or so, with low tension maggy and points in the cylinder what a learning curve i was on this engine now runs sweet (i think) i am hoping that i can use smokstak as a knowledge pool for future engine with how they are set up to identification and i hope that i can give answers to others questions with my limited but broad knowledge.

This link will take you to a video of the Waterloo Big Cheif since filming i have played a little more for smoother running i will have it out running for the annual Easter Rally this weekend.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjlYnpAkZg

Looking forward to future post
Cheers Alan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acco1982 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 11:01:34 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Hello Smokstakers from Australia

Alan,welcome to the best site on this means for our hobbie.Could I encourage you to look at starting to gather a few engines for yourself.Mate you have the rusty iron bug a big welcome to you,I say this having looked at you facing the camera as you were adjusting the fuel when the big girl started.As a Diesel Mech,you may find it helps you to check out Harry's pages on early ignition systems/magnetos,keep cranking Norm
Old 04-20-2011, 08:02:01 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Hello Smokstakers from Australia

Thanks Norm, will have a look at those pages, fuel adjustment on the Big Chief is loose and moves alot i am waiting on some packing to rectify this, my own engine or tractor is coming after i sell a bus... Cheers Alan