• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

1.5hp Lauson Frost King

pulsechoes

Registered
HI All, looking for a magneto and bracket for a 1.5hp Lauson Frost King. Can anyone help with this, please?. Also a date of manufacture, if anyone has lists. Serial Number is 16525.

Attachments

Mike Unwin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/05/2016
The magneto bracket are sold here from time to time think S. Davey has them also the magneto gear . Good luck Mike

pulsechoes

Registered
Looking through back-issues of the "Stationary Engine" magazine for info on this engine and I found a picture of one a few years back. The serial number is 27855 and the owner says that it is 1916. That would make mine really early (16525 ). Does anyone have one around that date with a definite age provenance, please?

David Babcock

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/04/2020
Theres one on e bay right now but its a wico ek unit. But its correct for your early engine as a factory replacment. E bay # 232720291787. Db.

S Davey

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2019
Looks like a type F
Some one converted it to spark plug. Type F takes an Igniter.
Also a Sumter Jr mag
Sumter IMP
Or a Sumter 30
22 tooth gear #8 pitch.
Also looks like it is missing the trip finger for Igniter.
I have gears also
Thanks
Scott D
PS Thanks Mike

Last edited: