• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1 Cylinder Oil Pulls

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
I was just wondering if anyone cared to share their opinion on what a guy could expect to shell out for/get for a 1 cylinder Rumely. I have seen/heard plenty of banter on the 2 cylinder stuff, but not much in the way of the 1 lungers.

Johnny.

Ken Majeski

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/10/2019
Well... Before the Auction Last Weekend I would have geussed you maybe could find one for 50 to 60 K.... But Now I wouldn't Hazard a Guess...????

I could tell you what I paid for mine... Which was Considerably Less.... But that was in about 1989... It isn't the Nicest F but it does the Job...

JT Buice

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
The F's are becoming more and more sought after and no one is willing to give them up. I know a couple of guys in Ohio who have been looking for another F for years and are willing to spend whatever money is required and they still haven’t been able to buy one.

At this point with the inflation of the hobby, if you find one with good gearing, I would buy it....just buy it now before they get more expensive.

JTB

Mike McKnight

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2020
I can't remember, is there one in the Maple Collection that's going this weekend or not? :confused: If so, that will give you an idea of at least what ONE person is willing to pay for an F!

Mike

Steve Barr

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/09/2014
I can't remember, is there one in the Maple Collection that's going this weekend or not? :confused: If so, that will give you an idea of at least what ONE person is willing to pay for an F!

Mike
Nope...No F's there

Only 3 "heavy weights" and the rest are the lightweights...

Rumely Oil Pull 12-20 K
Rumely Oil Pull 16-30 H
Rumely Oil Pull 20-40 G

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
Don't jump all over me..........but I think if you went around the country with $90,000 to spend on an F you'd come home with $90,000.......less expenses....... :(

I'm not sure you could find enough genuine old parts any more to build one.......:confused:

hottube

Registered
In my opinion fiqure on $125-150K remember there are only about 100 Model F's known to exist. If you find one with a A+ restoration I would value that quite highly as it takes alot of time and cash to handle a big tractor properly.:)

Forrest A

Registered
I have a buddy with a real nice F that was offered 100K and he turned that offer down. Best bet is to become friends with someone lucky enough to own one and offer to grease it up and maybe you will be able to slip behind the wheel for a few moments while it is actually running. :rolleyes:

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
I guess that's not bad odds considering they're creeping up on bein' 100 years old!

Colin

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/13/2013
I'm not sure you could find enough genuine old parts any more to build one.......
We have one rear rim here (imagine that :crazy: )for an F, our coal bin is sitting on it. back in the earlier 90s dad sold its mate along with a set of extensions rims:)rant: ), which i dont think had spokes, to Stoltzfus. He also got our K about that time too. it had Rubber on the wheels. anyone know where it ended up?:shrug:
Dad said the old man thought the rad for that F was around in a bush somewhere on his land, but couldn't remember where:confused: maybe we need to see if we can find it.

Mike McKnight

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/20/2020
Hey Colin, why don't you sell me that rim and let me see if I can find the rest of the parts to build that OilPull, too?! :D I still want to look at buying those rear cleats for a 40 G/S so I can try to put one together out of them....:crazy:
Mike