• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1 HP upright Maytag information and photos

Kevin Weis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/13/2019
Jim, nice stove leg. The pin to pin is not actually offset, the webbing between the two is not symmetrical creating the offset. The diagram from Maytag cannot be posted as it is copyrighted by the above mentioned publication. Hopefully some one can provide a casting needing machined or a used one. Would think there would be enough of a need to make worth for someone to cast several to sell.

Kevin

Axtion Jim S

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Kevin. Thanks for the reply, I do not want anyone to infringe on the copyright, just need to have some one do up their own scale drawing and email it to me. Then I will make a pattern and practically give them away to a needy person. As I understand copyright, as long its not used for personal gain, no issue. To darn many rules in this old world, cant we all just get along and have fun with this old stuff. IM DONE.

Kevin Weis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/13/2019
Jim, I'll try and do a drawing to scale and email it to you in a week or so. I's not rocket science but just the time to get to it.

Regards, Kevin

Van Norman

Registered
Jim, nice picture of your project. How are you coming with the connecting rod? I would be willing to take the rod out of my 1 HP and cast one from it if you still need one.
I hope your grandson can help with restoring it. Those would be memories he would certainly enjoy for many years.

Axtion Jim S

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
Thank you for the offer, but Bob Gail sent me one of his spare rods. I`m in the process now of making a drawing and a cad to mill the rods from air craft grade aluminum, they should last about 3 hundred years. And all of the spares my wife can use the for xmas tree ornaments.:shrug:

Axtion Jim S

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/01/2020
It`s been a hecktic summer, with work and attending shows and all.but I found time to do a CAD and mill up 6 con rods from 5051 aluminum. The next process will be to true up the crank pin. The pin side of the counter weight protrudes out from the face 0.250, and 0.875 out from the center of the crank. Therefore a shaft grinder will need to have a clearance slot cut into the side face to clear the counter weight.I thought perhaps to design a rotary mill devise to drop onto the pin, but then we have a finish problem. If any one has a better process, I`d like to learn. Jim

Doodle E Do

Registered
Don't know if I'm in the right place even, it's my first post, lol. Looking for the spring for the bottom wringer for an old Maytag model #C2L.