• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

10 inch Rider Hot Air Compression, help wanted.

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Re: 10" Rider Compression, help wanted.

Here are a couple more photos of (I think) Dicks HT from the winfield show. The second photo is a close up of the instructional placard.
Hi thanks for the pictures, very interesting.
Where did Dick get the instruction plate from? I could do with one of these for my engine.
Mike.

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Re: 10" Rider Compression, help wanted.

Hi Guys,
I've got a 10" Rider compression hot air engine with a few parts missing. I have a new cast pump body with the brass cylinder fitted, this is a bare casting with no other parts with it, this was made in Aus but I don't know where? I'm hoping someone out there may know of someone making repro parts??? I need the valve assemblies/covers etc, pump rod washers etc, a big end assembly, a brass makers plate,a door for the square fire box, the flange adaptor that fits under the fire box, the regenerator cover, a couple big end oilers.
Any help would be really grateful.
Mike

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
10" Rider Compression photos

Here are a couple of pics so that you guys know what I've been talking about.
Mike.

John Davis

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/23/2019
Re: 10"Rider photos

Nice Rider never seen one that large. I did not know you was talking about it, what did I miss?

vern0n

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/27/2013
Re: 10"Rider photos

You leave your engines out in the weather? How sad. Those poor engines. I need to report this to the EPA, (Engine Protection Agency). :bonk:
Thanks for sharing this with us. I love the background of rolling hills.

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Thanks for the landscape comments. It is beautiful here. I live on the edge of Exmoor National Park. Nice and quite but I can make as much noise as I like without too much bother.
You should come over when I have an open weekend.
It's not too far :O

Peter

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/14/2013
Maybe we can move this back to the hot air engine forum? For those who were following over there.

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
I don't see any evidence this thread ever WAS in the hot air engine forum...... :confused:

It is NOW....... :O

Peter

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/14/2013
Sorry, I though it was here, :shrug: but well....... as they say: The mind is a terible thing to waste.

thanks

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Thanks Jim,
I already know this salesman, I've spoke to him on many occasions!! He's very expensive!
He's a salesman, he would tell you the sun was cold if he could get a sale!!!
Two years ago at Nuenen dealers were selling an inverted Deutz telling every one it was the largest in existence, only five miles away there was an even larger one that HE knew of as well as quite a few people there!
Thanks Mike.

Wayne Timms

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Hi Jim,

Those engines may be in the northern hemisphere, but if you take a look at the flora, it doesn't look very northern hemisphere to me.

I never came across bottle-brushes during my time in Europe.

Funnily a couple of those engines were sold at auction in Queensland a couple of years back.

If my memory serves me correctly the prices ranged from $23,000 AUD to $27,000 AUD. One ten inch and two eight inches.

Regards,
Wayne

www.bluefuel-whitesmoke.com

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Hi Wayne,
I spoke to List-Brain about the engines for someone. He told me they were in a container and would not be advertised until he had unpacked them and checked them first. I guess they are here....the red 6" deff is and a mate had a look at it.
Any chance you could send me a few more pics of you engine, I'll be armed to make a restoration next.
Merry christmas and a happy new year to you and your family.
Mike.

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
Hi again,
I would like to make a start on my 10" Rider so I'm asking for some help again, I have a new cast pump body with the brass cylinder fitted, this is a bare casting with no other parts with it, this was made in Aus but I don't know where? I'm hoping someone out there may know of someone making repro parts??? I need the valve assemblies/covers etc, pump rod washers etc, a big end assembly (I have now made a new one), a brass makers plate,a door for the square fire box, the flange adaptor that fits under the fire box, the regenerator cover, a couple big end oilers.
Any help would be really grateful.
Mike

benz1890

Registered
Last Subscription Date
Mike White
I have now started the restoration of the engine and I'm asking if anyone has the parts mentioned below which I could purchase, any condition considered or copies.
Fire door for a wood burner,makers plates, air vessels, bottom valve chamber for a roller pump, ash pan door, bottom ring under fire box, pump rod, top pump valve door, correct drain taps, snifter/air valve and priming cup/tap.
Any help would be greatly appreiciated with parts and it's original colour and lining out detail.
regards Mike.