• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

100 HP Patton Brothers Parts Wanted

D Davis

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/11/2014
Hello : Do you have any information on these 100 HP Patton Engines ? I do know there was only 3 made but other than that I can not find any paper trail on these .

Skidmore

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/24/2016
A 100 hp Pattin was just removed about a mile from Cairo WV last month. The new owner said he has some of the original wooden patterns for the engine. I think it is # 3. The one Earnie has I'm sure came from McFarland WV thru Tom Schoolcraft. The pumpers always removed parts off it to keep Cairo station up and running. What are you missing ?

Earnie Hampton

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/17/2018
I am still looking for a large ball or rotating type of valve to make a exhaust port valve for the 100 hp Patton Bros. thanks Earnie :shrug:

con-rad

Registered
If you're not intimidated by making parts to get it to run, who not make a valve? I would think a plug valve would be fairly easy to machine. most ball valves have some kind of a plastic seat, which would make it unsuitable for exhaust.

Good luck with your project!

Nathan K.

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Good luck with your project that should make a nice rare engine;). Has anyone gone to look for the original compressor(s?) for that engine-it was mentioned in another thread?, be great if they could stay with the engine even if not on it!.
Nathan.

Jeff Wahl

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/02/2019
I think there is a 90 HP at the Butterfield, MN show grounds. Not sure if it could help for reference? Maybe some parts were same size on the 90 and 100?

Andrew Mackey

Last Subscription Date
05/14/2017
If either one of the 2 others still exist, if you can locate them, perhaps the owner(s) would allow you to have copies made of the original parts (recast)?

Earnie Hampton

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/17/2018
thanks one of the other 2 still exist Johnny Boston owns it I am going to check with him about the patterns