100 Years of John Deere Tractors at the Ancaster Fair

G Willikers

Sponsor
The Fair committee is looking for early John Deere tractors or Waterloo Boys for this year's special feature.
The Ancaster Fair is September 20-23.

http://ancasterfair.ca/

If you have any ideas or stuff to bring, you can PM me and I will pass it along.

casertractor

Subscriber
Have you been in contact with the folks in Grimsby yet?.What about the tractors at the museum in Milton?.both JD clubs?

G Willikers

Sponsor
caser,
The gal who is organizing the show has been in touch with Grimsby and they have been a tremendous help. She is making contact with all the others you mentioned. She has big plans and she is making it a bigger and better show every year.

casertractor

Subscriber
Bump:D

Just a reminder the Fair is fast approaching.so bring out your antique tractors,steam engines,cars and trucks or anything else antique and support the Antique display at the fair this year and bring along those Deere's too!! for the 100th Anniversary display:D

G Willikers

Sponsor
Some pictures from the Fair. Friday was a windy day and they had to shut the rides down, except for the merry-go-round! On Saturday, they set an all-time record for gate receipts. I think Sunday was a successful day also.
The John Deere feature worked out very well with a nice selection of makes. The LI is owned by Jim and Guy's Hart-Parr Haven.

Attachments

Last edited:

G Willikers

Sponsor
This little AR was sold new right across the road from me and is now owned by next door neighbour. He remembers it coming to the farm from a dealer in Burford. Guy Heaslip provided the document.
The 730 also came from the same neighbour. It has electric start and was a real treat to operate.

Attachments

G Willikers

Sponsor
There were two steamers, a Sawyer-Massey and a George White but I guess I only got pics on my phone? I also missed many other displays including Cerwin's excellent load of gas engines.
Next year's feature will be Farmall letter series tractors and all are welcome.
Ancaster Fair is growing into one of the nicest tractor shows. It is all thanks to head superstar wrangler Melanie Blum who makes sure everything works and works well.
Congratulations on another fine show.:salute:
Oh! Note in the last picture, the little grey building with the JD sign that was loaned by Crossroads Equipment. A local company loaned two small buildings and Melanie had the one with the JD sign as a JD museum. That worked out very well.

Attachments

casertractor

Subscriber
What is the deal with the Samson tractor who owns that ?.Looks like the one from the museum in Milton.Thanks again for the pictures from this years fair Mr Willikers looks like they had a fantastic tractor and John Deere display this year:wave: