• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

10KW Kohler generator

Pak7819

Registered
Gentleman,
I have a lead on a 10KW Kohler generator powered by a 3cyl John Deere diesel engine. Would this be the correct place to ask questions provided I can acquire a better image of the model or serial number of the generator? Attached pic is all i have at the moment and its not 100% legible. Looking for documentation such as manuals to confirm its specs.

Its not a light tower as the forum calls for,...which is my reason for asking.

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments

Viking66

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/30/2015
Does it run and produce power?

Those would be first 2 questions I would ask the seller, and then make him demonstrate that it does.

Not much documentation out there for any Kohler Gensets, but you may get lucky and someone here might have something.

Get a better pic of that TAG, it is the one you need for gaining information. See if you can get more pics of the entire setup.

Zephyr7

Registered
Yep, this is the place to and about Kohler generator stuff. There are many knowledgeable people here.

If you try a Kohler dealer, you may be able to order manuals. This is probably a question for the dealers service department, but maybe sales. I’ve ordered manuals for older generators before, but they aren’t cheap.

I can say that I’d love to get a small diesel set around the 7.5-10kw range. That’s a great size to both run a good house load, and also get good fuel economy. Make sure the set runs before you buy it. If it doesn’t run, it’s a gamble, so try to get it for scrap value or something close to that.

Bill

Mark Dieckmann

Registered
Its not a light tower as the forum calls for,...which is my reason for asking.

Thanks,
Paul

The "Light Plant" the forum title refers to would be the old DC gensets from the 20's - 30's that were used in rural areas before rural electrification. We cuss and discuss anything Kohler built here though, so ask away. I would agree with everything you have been told so far. Welcome aboard.

BrianHaze

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/08/2020
Rcop originally came with perkins engines, not john deer. After guessing about the spec number number, tp-1018 kohler part manual.