• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

12 horse 301 Kohler

63dave

Registered
need a oil pan for a 12 horse 301 kohler . Kohler part #236265-S it is out of a 68 Arctic Cat

---------- Post added at 10:56:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53:38 AM ----------

looking for a Oil Pan for a 12 horse 301 Kohler

Spenser Rynne

Registered
You might try posting in the small engines category and have better luck. Old P12k Panther? I had one of those, great sled. If you have no luck here, and as I recall those pans were specific to AC, you might try the "World Famous Bull Sessions", that page is to old sleds as Smokstak is to engines.

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
Dave... the Kohler K301 12hp is about the longest-standing, most prolifically produced heavy-duty single cylinder ever made. Unless there's something really, really special about your machine, chances are there's a bizillion oilpans out there that'd work.

I have a half-dozen K301's... two in Cub Cadet tractors of the '70's and 80's, and several spares in a variety of conditions. I've seen two immediate flavors- one is the 'shallow' pan, the other is 'deep'. the 'deep' pan is same depth as shallow, but has a recess that protrudes out the bottom that provides clearance for the longer rod dipper that appears on many later K301's.

Which pan does your machine have?

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
Dave... the Kohler K301 12hp is about the longest-standing, most prolifically produced heavy-duty single cylinder ever made. Unless there's something really, really special about your machine, chances are there's a bizillion oilpans out there that'd work.

I have a half-dozen K301's... two in Cub Cadet tractors of the '70's and 80's, and several spares in a variety of conditions. I've seen two immediate flavors- one is the 'shallow' pan, the other is 'deep'. the 'deep' pan is same depth as shallow, but has a recess that protrudes out the bottom that provides clearance for the longer rod dipper that appears on many later K301's.

Which pan does your machine have?
x2! i have some kohler spare parts, 241, 301, 321 if i recall are all the same and come in two variants deep or shallow. also two different block designs that i know of, some had the engine mounts cast into the block insted of mounting with the pan.

63dave

Registered
thanks for the reply's. i cant figure out how to post a picture of the one that I need . it appears to be the shallow pan with the oil plug if the side of the plate

---------- Post added at 06:02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37:53 AM ----------

thanks for the reply's guys . I believe it is the small pan with the oil plug coming out the side . i would send a picture but cant figure out how to do it.i looked at the one in Steve K post but that is not the correct one