• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

12 hp Ohio engine

Mike Linder

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
Picked up this nice original 12 hp Ohio side shaft engine over the weekend. It is throttle governed, has a kerosene carb, and friction drive mag. Unloaded it from the trailer on Sunday afternoon and started working on it right away. It needed the head removed to fix one broken head stud. We drilled out the broken stud and cleaned up the head surface area. Now to clean up the bright work areas on the head while it is off the engine. If anyone has an extra igniter of an Ohio let me know the engine is currently setup to run on timer and spark plug. More updates to come as I start to clean the engine up and mount it on a new skid and get it ready for a few summer shows.

Attachments

Mike Linder

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
More progress on the 12 hp Ohio engine. Bought an igniter for the engine this morning and picked it up. Then started cleaning up the head bright work and made a head gasket so it is ready to put back on the engine tomorrow.

Attachments

Joel Mosley

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/21/2020
Very nice engine Mike. Thanks for posting and looking forward to your progress on getting it up and running. I did not know that Ohio made throttlers. Do you know if they were special purpose for generating, industrial use or other or just available if preferred.