• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

12 Inch Chelsea Ships Bell Strike Mantle Clock

OttoEngineMan

Registered
This is what as known as a "SHIPS BELL STRIKE" Maritime Clock with a special grand dial along with Brass and Ball Feet. This beast weighs close to 70 lbs. There is but a hand full of the 12 inch model and this one also happens to be marked Tiffany and Company. Dated 1906 according to the S/N from the Chelsea Archives. From the estate of the Fisher Body family in Detroit, Michigan.

Attachments

ulgydog56

Registered
its fitting that this peace was owned by fisher, early on they did great coach and bodywork, nice peace-nice find.....I,m sure it cost you a pretty penny.....:D

OttoEngineMan

Registered
its fitting that this peace was owned by fisher, early on they did great coach and bodywork, nice peace-nice find.....I,m sure it cost you a pretty penny.....:D

Seems you must know a bit about Chelsea Clocks...! :) Yes it was very much so...but mega rare and unique and that's why I bought it. No flea market find for 100.00

ulgydog56

Registered
old maritime clocks had to be super accurate for navigation purposes to know were you are out to sea, used the same time the world over to coincide with navigational charts...….:bonk:

Motorhead

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/09/2019
View attachment 342162

View attachment 342163

View attachment 342164 Is my 8 day Soviet nuclear submarine spring wound clock a vintage original or a reproduction?:shrug: AL
I have several different ones of the Submarine clocks. The ones that came in the original boxes were dated from the 80's. I think that they are authentic. In fact, the one you have, I have one just like it with the same face. I just stared at mine that's in my living room above the french doors. I wind it every Friday and they keep good time.