• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

15hp Heavy Pattern Monitor

Scott Hosack

Registered
Here is my 15hp Heavy Pattern Baker Monitor engine when I first got home with it in the driveway a couple of weeks ago! After cleaning out the fuel system, the ignitor, and getting the fuel pump to work it sure does run good now. I have got it down to 50-80 rpm and have run it a little slower just to try it. Does anyone have any idea how many heavy pattern Monitor engines are still around in all the sizes? I am kind of wondering how many 15hp engines are still left and where all they might be located at. Any information on the heavy pattern engines would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

Scott Hosack

Registered
Unfortunately no it will not be at Lathrop. I will only be able to make it up for a few hours Saturday to look around and see a few things before heading back home.

Scott Hosack

Registered
Does anyone know if the factory correct color for these heavy pattern Monitors is supposed to be red like most of the other early Monitor engines? I did not know if this one is supposed to be red or gray since it was more for industrial use. I like the red color better for it and may end up re-painting it someday. Thanks, Scott

Don Tomlinson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
03/24/2019
Scott, if you get tired of looking at that gray, just call me and I'll come and get it !! I have too much red stuff now. ;-)

DavidRaines

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/26/2019
Scott, we are featuring Monitor engines at Lathrop this June 2018. Would like for you to plan on being there.
Dave

Grape

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/16/2019
Baker water systems in Evansville WI may have info for you. They are good at helping collectors when they can.
I've contacted them in the past and they have sent me scans of old information they have.
Its worth a try for ya.
BTW, Very nice engine!

Scott Hosack

Registered
Does anyone know where the other 15hp Heavy Pattern Monitor might be at? I have heard that it is in a museum somewhere but not sure about this. Also in Gas Engine Magazine years ago there was an article or something on a 15hp I have been told. Was it my engine or the other one? If anybody knows about the article or the other engine if it even exists I would like to know! Thank You

Scott Hosack

Registered
Here is a picture of our 15hp Heavy Pattern Monitor from the 2017 Boonville, Missouri show. Jessica and I will have it at the 2018 Lathrop, Missouri Monitor feature for anyone who wants to see it. Any information on Heavy Pattern Monitors would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Scott Hosack

Registered
Here are a couple more pictures of the 15hp at the 2017 Marshalltown, Iowa show. The first picture is the line up of heavy patterns with my 15hp and Dave's 11hp and 8hp engines. The second is the 15hp and my late transition canteen engine.

Attachments