• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

15RMY62 New Project

Bent Trigger

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2019
One of my friends called and asked if I would come over and look at a Kohler Generator he bought from a small store. He's got an old bike that i would like to get and this may be my in! :sneaky: It is a 15RMY62 Spec 11703-A62L. I am looking for the Manuals and electric drawings. Hooked up a 12v battery and the unit rolled over. Will be Hooking up a 40LB gas bottle to try to run it next week. I'll strip the feeds that are laying about. The oil is clean and the wires are off the mag, so who knows if there are problems. What year and such is this model? Any help would be welcome. Chris

IMG_20200119_121041_1.jpgIMG_20200119_121047.jpgIMG_20200119_121156.jpgIMG_20200119_121159.jpg

LWB250

Registered
Pretty bulletproof model but not terribly efficient. You're lucky in that you appear to have the relay controller rather than the "R-Series" controls, as they're far more expensive and difficult to work with.

Dan

I like oldstuff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/09/2015
That's a Wisconsin VG4D engine. Yes thirsty but it might not be as bad as some would think. I have a similar older unit and with a 43 amp load the throttle is almost closed. At full grunt it needs 300,000 btu of nat gas.

Bent Trigger

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
10/03/2019
Thanks guys, I'm stopping by today to strip the external wiring and get the tanks off the rv to fuel it up. and look at the motorcycle! :sneaky:
I got the manuals printed out so we'll see where it stands. Chris