• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

16hp Galloway

mdmcs1

Registered
Hello All!

I am looking for any information on these 16HP Galloway engines. I know where 4 of them are (texas, michigan, and 2 in south dakota - one of them is mine), but i really want to know if there are any more? Any info or rumors about any of them other than the 4 we know about - parts of engines, engines in hiding, etc... I want to get as many of them found as possible, even if its just a carcass!

thanks a ton for any help!

Michael Meyer

Joseph Cissell

Registered
Last Subscription Date
01/07/2017
There was one in Wis., but the man has passed on. I don't know what happened to the Galloway. He would not sell it when he was living. If you find six of those 16HP Galloways you will be lucky. Thank you, Joe A.

JohnMN

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
If I remember correctly, one sold at the Mike Janzen auction in South Dakota, back in the 1980s. Perhaps that's the one you have?
John

Edit: I found the auction listing in my files. Galloway, 16 hp, 46973.
The sale was held Sept. 3-4, 1987.

Last edited:

Dwayne Fuller

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
If I remember correctly, one sold at the Mike Janzen auction in South Dakota, back in the 1980s. Perhaps that's the one you have?
John

Quite likely that is the one in Texas. I remember it showed up about that time and came from up north. If I ever get back to the old mill pond I will check the serial number.

mdmcs1

Registered
John

Hey John! 46973 is the one I have. Can i get a copy of that ad?

JohnMN

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Hey John! 46973 is the one I have. Can i get a copy of that ad?
Sure. I scanned the cover of the auction booklet, and the page your engine is listed on. I also scanned a two-page ad that ran in GEM. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send them to you. It's about 4 Meg total.
John

mdmcs1

Registered
Sure. I scanned the cover of the auction booklet, and the page your engine is listed on. I also scanned a two-page ad that ran in GEM. Please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send them to you. It's about 4 Meg total.
John
PM sent, thank you John!!

Dan Anderson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2019
Hey Dan!

Mine spent a good chunk of its life in ND before coming south to SD!!
Gosh Mike hope it wasn't in my back yard! HeHe, anyway glad you save her. I have a 6hp. They are big fellows. Thanks for the post

Arnie Fero

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/23/2019
There was a gentleman I think in Maryland who kept a register of Galloway engines. Does anyone recall his name and know if he's still in the hobby?

Ed Kuni

Registered
Where do we find parts? I am in need for a ignitor trip for a round rod Galloway. Any one have one or recast one?
Ed

Harry Terpstra

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
What exactly do you need Ed? I could use two sets of these. I think they are the same for the round rod style and the later style.

Attachments

Ed Kuni

Registered
I need the almost flat piece that bolts to the exhaust bar , that trips the ignitor. Don’t know if I am describing it right. It’s a 5 hp round rod.
Thanks , any help will be great