• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Your account is then manually checked and approved. There is too much funny business on the web for us to do otherwise. Be sure to use a working email address and do not use cloaking or anonymous web connections.

1918 Delco Movie

Bill Hazzard

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/28/2008
I found these movies on Youtube made by a Delco dealer in Nebraska in 1918. There are some great images of light plants and areas around Nebraska.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/10/2020
That was really neat! In some ways, those were much, MUCH better times!

G.M.Johnson

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/8018
Cool stuff. Thanks for posting them.

---------- Post added at 10:19:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06:05 AM ----------

Kind of gives you a little more appreciation for all those poor Delco's you see around and at auctions that no one really wants.

Wayne 440

Registered
Interesting, and enough to make me want my first Delco, if one happens along.

The way business is done sure has changed, if that movie is accurate. For instance, the "boss" telephones the secretary/stenographer, telling her to find his foreman, who then walks right past a telephone to go see the "boss" in person for what would no doubt be a very simple instruction.

BobRR

Registered
That is a cool video. Had to be big budget for the day. That pto and generator off the front of that T was cool,never seen that before. Bob

That is a cool video. Had to be big budget for the day. That pto and generator off the front of that T was cool,never seen that before. Bob
It was the day of mechanical innovation, when the most advanced electrics were a Delco plant or a gas engine magneto. If it wasn't for the lack of modern medicine, I'd grab my suitcase and a time machine!

Now we have satellites, t.v., internet........and very few modern kids can repair a darn thing! :rolleyes:

Bill Hazzard

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/28/2008
It would be cool if anyone knows the Nebraska towns where the movie was shot and see if anything survives, it might be worth checking some of the places out to see if the generators are still there.

Steve Wright

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/10/2009
Just found this post.
That town is just 30 miles down the road. I went there about 10 years ago and took pictures of the downtown building to see if I could match them up with the film. Never did try it.
I purchased a VHS tape of one of these films from the Nebraska Historical Society twelve years ago or so. It was copyrighted. I didn't know there was more than one.

Have fun :O