• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS. GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

1928 IH Six Speed Special Parts

1928SSS

Registered
I am restoring a 1928 International Six Speed Special and was hoping someone here may have a few parts I have been looking for. I am looking for the bottom windshield frame, the radiator cap and a headlight trim ring. These are pretty much the last pieces I need to finish off the truck. Let me know if you have any of these parts available.

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
If you find a rad cap, show me a pic! The one on my 29 is a threaded piece of stainless tube with a cap on top!

1928SSS

Registered
Ill check on the weekend. No rad cap though.
Thats a good website. I didnt know about that one. I looked but couldnt find anything for Six Speed Special.

---------- Post added at 07:28:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22:04 AM ----------

^^Sorry...quoted the wrong reply

Oldtech - that would be great. Thanks

Duey C - I have my original radiator cap but the threads are damaged and is unusable. I can take a picture for you.

Jack Innes

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/17/2020
What you have pictured is the brass core of the original cap. It would have a hard rubber outer piece. If you enlarge the attached picture you can see the original type of cap. These were used on other makes as well - you need the correct thread size though.

Attachments

John Hamilton

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/25/2019
1928 and 29 Model A Ford radiator caps fit a lot of things and have the internal threads. Find an old one and paint it black. If it has a small hole in the center it is a gas cap and won't work -- unless you plug it.

Oldtech

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
As Jack says. they are just a black bakelite cap on metal . Is your truck one with the gas tank under the cowl or under the seat?

1928SSS

Registered
Thats good to know! I didnt know about them being bakelite. The ones Ive seen were always just metal but that makes sense that the bakelite would deteriorate over time.

My truck is a later model 28 with the tank under the seat. According to the serial number its very close to the 29 year production.

1928SSS

Registered
Still looking for an original windshield frame. Let me know if you have one you are willing to sell. Thanks

Oldtech

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
Thanks for posting the picture. I checked parts truck. Nothin there you want. My truck is same as yours but metal wheels.