• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1930 Farmall Regular - 17 Years and Counting!

Ric Murphy

Registered
More progress today. Finished grinding the front wheels. Re torqued the head and exhaust manifold. Re set valve clearance. All were a bit loose but I expected that. The welder finished the modifications to the air breather yesterday. Today I did a little dressing to some of the welds, primed, assembled and installed. I’m happy with the result. Only people familiar with these tractors will know it’s not correct. I can live with that for the time being. Next nice day I’ll try crank starting it. I have to modify the hand crank first though. It’s not engaging at the correct spot. I remember when I bought the tractor at auction 17 years ago, none of the tractors had hand cranks with them. But there was a pallet full of hand cranks there. Not sure if the intent was for the buyers to take one or not but that’s what I did. I found one that fit so I threw it in the toolbox before the tractor sold. Unfortunately it wasn’t the right one!
8FE0D1A4-47B7-4EDF-84E4-CBD5E8D75CAD.jpeg22F1203D-CF07-4AF6-9DC1-68DBACA7BDC7.jpeg6D9E7982-276B-4DD5-8228-68ABEB9B27F8.jpegB776CBBE-5A78-415F-9372-1BEA94C815BA.jpeg