• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1935 Surface wiring Odd

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I am familiar with wood "Wire Mold" but I just ran across Electro Trim.

Apparently it was sort of like zip cord but with a 3/16 gap between conductors. Just rubberized cloth in the gap. This was nailed to the wall, and fixtures were made to tap it and terminate it. I have just one part. A tap It is only .8 wide and 2 in long.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
I can't help with your question Frank, but I have one for you......

Where in the world do you keep finding such wonderful little goodies? ;)
Grin. My wife gave me a I-pad. I don't like TV but I do like being with my family so I spend a lot of time scanning E bay. Still there is a lot I cant afford or that just gets by me. I spotted this one just a few hrs before the auction was up. There are things like a Chapman plug that I am looking for but don't know how to search because most people wouldn't know what to call them.

Dennis Craft

Registered
Last Subscription Date
07/11/2018
Hello Frank,

I'm not wanting to burst your bubble, but have you considered the older 300 ohm TV antenna lead-in wire as a use for this tap? The two wires in a 300 ohm antenna wire are separated by 5/16 inch and look like the picture on the box. Television dealers would have a need for such a device in their display room so they could connect multiple sets/locations to one antenna.

Regards, Dennis

DCAmp

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/17/2020
It does look like 300 ohm lead on the box. At home I use to tap the 300 ohm to run to the radios in other rooms.

Frank DeWitt

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/17/2019
Bubble is in tack. (Grin) It was being sold in March 1935 Popular science, and I have the instructions for installing.