• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

1939 Evinrude Mate Side Cover Screws

SoFlaEvinrude

Need help identifying the correct screws for the side covers on my 1939 Evinrude Mate. I believe the philips head screws I now have are wrong and they should be slotted pan head but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

ulgydog56

I think your right. there's a small Co. (out board engines) out of Wisconsin has the parts, i'll try to get the num for you. also I look for pics on the internet to help me.....:D

SoFlaEvinrude

I think your right. there's a small Co. (out board engines) out of Wisconsin has the parts, i'll try to get the num for you. also I look for pics on the internet to help me.....:D
That's great. I would appreciate the number if you can find it. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:54:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50:11 PM ----------

They are a high crown slotted #10 x 24 screws. Looks like the 3 fronts are 1.75" and the 2 rears are 1" long. Hope this helps.
Good information along with the photos. I appreciate it and now I know what I need. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:56:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54:12 PM ----------

Preston, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the term is Flllister Head
Fillister head...that's a new one on me. Thanks!

SoFlaEvinrude

Thanks to all for helping me identify the correct screws for the side covers on my Evinrude Mate. American Integrated Supply in Detroit had them and they were great to deal with. :)