• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

1944 Continental Motors 300 Watt 12VDC Navy Generator

YellowLister

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
o9/30/2019
i saved this from going to the scrap yard today. some people..... weighs in at 85 pounds. looks to be complete.. good compression and spark.. was told it sat in a barn locally since the 60s.. engine oil had a red tint to it.. cool exposed valve springs and tiny carb. base gas tank looks really clean.

the tag below the id tag says accepted by navy 6? -44. also it has a start button on top right above the amp gauge.. below the gauge there are numbers L . 4095 serial no 2278 model eag-1 2500 rpm 4 cycle. nothing on the placed in service side.

can anyone tell me what this would of been used for? or any other information?

thanks!

Attachments

Triple Jim

Registered
Re: 1944 continental motors 300watt 12vdc navy generator

Sorry I don't know anything about it, but that is a really cool piece of equipment.

Brian Earp

Registered

It is a second echelon battery charger 12V or 2 6V in series

Thaumaturge

In Memory Of
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019

Yup, battery charging would be my guess. @300 W it would push about 24 Amps into a 12v battery.
Guess it could also be used to drive radio equipment made to run on 12v.
Doc

YellowLister

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
o9/30/2019

I found of few of those online, and lots of info awhile ago.. got that one running and working about a year ago.. cool little gen.. for charging battery's in series or by themselves really quick.... some were for bombers to run the gun turrets and etc

plym49

Registered

That is a very nice find. Clean it up, get it running and it should be on a 4wd rig so that you always have 12v when wheeling.

drsteel

Registered

I have one of these, would like some info on same. And, what is the value?

drsteel

Registered

model EAG-1 gas engine and gen. 1/2 hp. 2500 rpm. s/n 22874, 1944 dept. of navy. gen. output is 12 dc. any info on this unit would be helpful, and, are parts available, such as piston rings.... thanks