• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1945 VF4 Crank Wanted

gscott

Registered
Hello, My brother is restoring a VF4 with a Lincoln Welder. We believe 1945. Serial 2088161, RPM 2130, Size 3 1/4 - 3 1/4 , Spec 86522. It was an old Military Welder from the looks of the Grey Paint. He's just trying to get it running but needs a Hand Crank for it. Anyone out there has or knows of one For sale? Thanks for Your Help

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Hello, My brother is restoring a VF4 with a Lincoln Welder. We believe 1945. Serial 2088161, RPM 2130, Size 3 1/4 - 3 1/4 , Spec 86522. It was an old Military Welder from the looks of the Grey Paint. He's just trying to get it running but needs a Hand Crank for it. Anyone out there has or knows of one For sale? Thanks for Your Help
I should have one around here I could give you. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
I found a crank, here is a picture of two of them. I think you need the longer one, if you think you need the shorter one, let me know. I will give you the crank if you pay for the shipping I will send you a message.

Attachments

gscott

Registered
I found a crank, here is a picture of two of them. I think you need the longer one, if you think you need the shorter one, let me know. I will give you the crank if you pay for the shipping I will send you a message.
Ok Thanks. I'll let my brother know. Gary

gscott

Registered
Talked to him. Ok lets do it. I'll send you a payment just let me know how much to send you. I have Pay Pal i could use as well. Thanks Again. My shipping address in case you need it for cost is Gary Scott 625 Crawford Ave. Porterville, Ca. 93257

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Talked to him. Ok lets do it. I'll send you a payment just let me know how much to send you. I have Pay Pal i could use as well. Thanks Again. My shipping address in case you need it for cost is Gary Scott 625 Crawford Ave. Porterville, Ca. 93257
Did you receive the messages or conversations that I sent you?

K-Tron

Registered
You can start a VF4 with a short crank. The longer hand cranks are helpful with the larger displacement V4's like the VP4 and VG4

Chris

Heins

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
You can start a VF4 with a short crank. The longer hand cranks are helpful with the larger displacement V4's like the VP4 and VG4

Chris
The different lengths are the part that fits on the end of the crankshafts, it doesn't give you any more leverage when cranking. Which crank do you want?

K-Tron

Registered
I am not looking for either right now. There is a U-212 handle for the single, twin cylinders and small V4's, and the longer U-226 handle for the larger displacement V4s. That was the point I was getting at. The cranks in your picture are for the single/twin/small v4 engines.

Chris