• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1949 Moline G

Jeff Blaney

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/25/2020
Nice tractor. We are currently restoring a 1952 GTB. We are getting ready for paint real soon. Our restoration has been a long process, but an enjoyable one. Keep us updated.

Molinegb

Registered
Sure it isn't a 1948? It has the outboard rear brakes and should have magneto. Only on early GTB's

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Poo piles.
Glad you're getting it sorted.
Dang dumb question: What engine is your GTB? I'm still sorting this out in my head.

Moline

Registered
Poo piles.
Glad you're getting it sorted.
Dang dumb question: What engine is your GTB? I'm still sorting this out in my head.
Originally 403ci, now its bored .125 (because i had to not to get more power) over so that makes it a 425ci.

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Moline, may I ask a couple favors? At your leisure, would you tell your cylinder block numbers and head numbers? Your engine block is far modern to me. :D
Oop! I have old FE/GE numbers and you probably have the newer, many digit part numbers.
I have GE1 cylinders from 1944 on my old '29 21-32 with FE heads on top and wish for head numbers on your "modern" GTB. :)
Twin City's MS&M co. knew well enough to carry on what worked!
Well, I actually wish for higher compression head numbers so I know what to look for in the future. :O
Haha! Your '48 425 and my old '29 403 (unless I need a re-bore job) would be put in the same class if we were tractor pullers...
I thought about a PM for details but a few fellas may actually care to see the similarities between an early production 21-32 and your G series which the 21-32 (FT) ultimately became.
Thanks much!
OH! What oil filters do you use in your U and in your GTB? Wix 51111 is as far as I've gotten and my NAPA says :No".

mmcdonald

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
04/13/2017
On that filter my Fleetguard reference crosses WIX 51111 to a LF543 . I put everything I had below that crossed to that Fleetguard # but cannot promise the crosses are all accurate.

LP111 LUBERFINER
L105 MOPAR
L828 KRALINATOR
PL76 PERRY
PMX124N CYCLONE
P111 CHAMP
P404 AC DELCO
P779036 DONALDSON
R156 RYCO
SA15553 MICHIANA
SA5553 MICHIANA
SRP5905M STAY READY
S81C WGB
TE7017 WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
TE7101 WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
T22 PUROLATOR
T55M BALDWIN
UBMSA5553 WAUKESHA
UDF314735 WAUKESHA
WM9O NELSON
ASR5507 WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
BP560 FILT
B146 BRIGGS & STRATTON
CRS5507 WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
CSRA5507 WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
CW111M WIX
C152 FRAM
C404 AC DELCO
FE7079A WHITE/ OLIVER/ MPL MOLINE
FH247 LOCKHEED
FL100 MOTORCRAFT
G3020 SEAGRAVE
G56 COOPERS
HW25 UNITED ENGINE LIFE
J212 SEAGRAVE
J770 SEAGRAVE
KE5905 BAKER
LF403 HASTINGS

Moline

Registered
Moline, may I ask a couple favors? At your leisure, would you tell your cylinder block numbers and head numbers? Your engine block is far modern to me. :D
Oop! I have old FE/GE numbers and you probably have the newer, many digit part numbers.
I have GE1 cylinders from 1944 on my old '29 21-32 with FE heads on top and wish for head numbers on your "modern" GTB. :)
Well, I actually wish for higher compression head numbers so I know what to look for in the future. :O
Haha! Your '48 425 and my old '29 403 (unless I need a re-bore job) would be put in the same class if we were tractor pullers...
I thought about a PM for details but a few fellas may actually care to see the similarities between an early production 21-32 and your G series which the 21-32 (FT) ultimately became.
Thanks much!
OH! What oil filters do you use in your U and in your GTB? Wix 51111 is as far as I've gotten and my NAPA says :No".
Im planning on working on it today so ill get you some numbers tonight.

Moline

Registered
Thanks much!

i have mismatched block (10A150 and 10A150A) and am in the process of finishing my 10A4210's to put on it.

Duey C

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/08/2019
Looking great! The timing marks finally aligned makes ya feel a whole lot better eh?
Some fellows may malign the timing marks as inaccurate but they are there for a reason. :)
Thanks Moline!