• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

1950’s Chris Craft Zenith Carburetor

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
While at an out of the way “FLEA” market I sometimes go to, I bought a previously seen, big, old cast iron Zenith carburetor #10870A that had a MARINE spark arrestor :uhoh: on the intake. The owner said it was a spare for his once owned, mid 50’s, twin Hercules, flat head, 130HP EACH, powered Chris Craft boat. I just love the related stories folks share with you ;) when you buy things, or just talk with them. A little research on the internet came up with the Hercules engine being a model “M”, JXD or JXLD rated at 130HP @3,000 rpm. I found some pictures of rebuilt model “M” engines with the Zenith carburetor on them. It’s just an addition to my small, unusual carburetor collection :confused: , where I’m just trying to have fun ;) , even in NJ :confused: on the way through :shrug: .

Attachments

Last edited:

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Oh man would I LOVE to have the whole boat that goes to that carburetor! :D And I've never owned a boat in my whole life!! :crazy:

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
I have a Chris-Craft marinized Hercules JXLD in my back driveway, Keith... even has the transmission, so that's a big step closer to having the whole thing... just need the hull, right?

PFT

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
02/07/2020
If you guys want an old wooden boat, a friend of mine can build one for you from scratch. He is in the Fingerlakes region of NY and builds some very nice boats if you can afford them.
Added a couple of pics of one of the boats he built.
PT

Attachments