• The old site search from Google needs to be updated. Use the Search at the Upper Right, or use What's New in the center - it has a drop down arrow. You will need to change your Favorits by right click mouse and clicking favorites. Many of the posts in How to Use This Web Site are old so the links may or may not work. I have one hell of a lot of work to do!

1953 Briggs & Stratton Model 6

EvilDr235

I don't see a ID tag on it. Could it be a model N ? I am still learning about these engines. I am learning there are lots of mismatched parts and engines out there. I own some of them myself.

EvilDr235

I just went and looked at my square blower housing model 6 and it has the air vane governor and had a recoil starter at one time, but now has a rope cup starter mounted on it. Still has the recoil starter holes in the blower housing. I prefer the square blower housing look over the older style.

radiodoc

Nice looking engine. I assume it is still a work in progress as I can't see a sparkplug wire and a couple head bolts are loose.

John Newman Jr.

Subscriber
Great looking engine.
RE: previous post about it possibly being a Model N - Could be. I have a Model N with a mechanical governor, but it has taller fins on the head ( I think...) and that cover would not fit like it does on the engine pictures above.
I was always under the impression that the air cleaner snorkel on your engine was a David Bradley exclusive. Do you know what your engine came off of?