• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in the blanks. - IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, ENTER YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

1955 Wisconsin AEN

Colin O

Registered
I have been working on this for a couple weeks and have cleaned the carburetor, cleaned and adjusted the points, reset the valves, replaced the plug and wire with new, adjusted the govenor, cleaned fuel tank and sediment bowl, etc. It ran good initially but I started having an issue with it running rough, misfiring, smoking, and when giving full throttle no response. Today I thought I finally traced the issue to a stuck ( open) needle valve in the carb. Has anyone had this issue before? Spark is good, compression is good, and magneto timing X is in the right position.

Colin O

Attachments

K-Tron

Registered
Colin,
Although I do not have a direct answer to your question, I will start off by saying that your engine appears to have a modern carbon core plug wire on it, and a cork gasket for the carburetor. Do away with both! These magnetos work a lot better with copper core wire, such as Packard 440. I personally use Champion D16 plugs in my Wisconsin engines. Open the plug gap up to about 0.040" and see if you have a nice blue spark as you crank the engine over. If so, set the plug gap down to 0.025-0.030" and try it out. I do not like using cork gasket material for any intake gaskets. When the cork dries out it will flake apart and get into the engine. Just replace that gasket with a fiber one. Otherwise I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Open up the adjustment screws on the carburetor, or stick a piece of tape over the throat of the carburetor to simulate a constant choke, and see if the throttling issues change.

Chris

ditchwitch

Registered
Hello My name is bob and this is all new to me I have a m422 ditch witch big agnd single wisconsin Looking for a manual/info can anyone help?....... Many thanks,bob

Colin O

Registered
Hello My name is bob and this is all new to me I have a m422 ditch witch big agnd single wisconsin Looking for a manual/info can anyone help?....... Many thanks,bob
Bob I have a manual for your AGND engine but not the ditch witch. If you want it send me your email.

Coli O