• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

1974 Maytag TOL washer & dryer pair for free like new

Motormowers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
Got a call from a friend that said he had sold his moms condo estate and remembered me always talking about how reliable my old Maytags were. He said he had his moms old Harvest Gold pair she bought new in 1974 and they were still in great shape and if I wanted them free come today as tomorrow they were scrap metal. I hurried over and found they were a pristine pair of top of the line 806 large capacity models with back lit panels. I was able to test them before disconnecting them and they were as silent as new. In fact the tubs both still looked new inside. We loaded them up and I was on my way. I will never understand how people can trash perfectly good working old appliances that are known to be 100% better than the new crap they sell today that isnt even worth a service call to diagnose. The dryer I'll oil all pulleys and bearings and the washer will get new belts and water hoses and the motor slides lubed so they'll both be ready way down the road when my current one kicks the bucket. These should last another 10 years at least, maybe longer. Maytag wasn't wasnt joking about the lonely repairman years ago. It didnt get better than a Maytag washer or dryer.

Attachments

grub54891

Registered
Last Subscription Date
06/08/2010
We had the same ones when we first got married, they lasted about ten years after we got them, used. The only things I had to replace was the water valve on the back, and a belt once. Gave them away still working to another couple who just got married also.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Ooh, those are nice. Are you a member over on AutomaticWasher.org ? Those guys would really appreciate them too.

Keith

Motormowers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
I am. Sadly that website has been taken over by a bunch of catty little queens that are more concerned with Trump bashing than anything else. Its gotten sickening as of late their hate and vitriol has gotten so bad.

Vanman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
Oh no. I haven’t been over there in a long time. Damn. That’s really too bad.

JoeCB

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/28/2019
The old machines were not engineered with planned obsolesces in mind. The wife and I have got you by 10 years. We still use daily our matching set of Lady Kenmore washer and dryer, installed new in January 1965. I bought them with the house in 1978. Still doing their thing after daily use for the family. There has been maintenance and repairs over the years. Now I see the end or the road approaching. I do not want these to go to the scrap. I have offered them FREE to the collection of the Henry Ford's domestic appliance collection. Even have the original literature. They are "considering" the offer. Hell, I would even deliver them , as they are only 30 minutes away.
Joe B

Attachments

Motormowers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
Im pretty sure someone on automaticwasher.org would love to have them and maybe travel for them and give them a good home. When I moved in 2006 I sold my grandmothers 1949 Blackstone washer in fair condition for $500.00 and it cost the guy $500.00 to ship it by truck from CT to NE. I would post these on there.

I like oldstuff

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/09/2015
Moto:
I had similar units. It's been many years but when you're into the washer, see if it has the FQ motor.
It was problematic for me so if you come across one you might snap up a spare. Hopefully yours doesn't have it.

Motormowers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/13/2019
The old machines were not engineered with planned obsolesces in mind. The wife and I have got you by 10 years. We still use daily our matching set of Lady Kenmore washer and dryer, installed new in January 1965. I bought them with the house in 1978. Still doing their thing after daily use for the family. There has been maintenance and repairs over the years. Now I see the end or the road approaching. I do not want these to go to the scrap. I have offered them FREE to the collection of the Henry Ford's domestic appliance collection. Even have the original literature. They are "considering" the offer. Hell, I would even deliver them , as they are only 30 minutes away.
Joe B
Joe check your inbox please. Thanks.