• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

1977 dodge pickup parts source

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
any good source for parts? i traded for a 1977 club cab looking for a quick flip, and low and behold a heater core appears to be NLA. pretty solid old truck came out of the carolinas.

Glenn Ayers

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/18/2019
Don't worry about a heater core. Just do what the nitwits around here do. They put a coal stove in them Dodges.

Attachments

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
guys i would not have started this thread if it was that simple.:brows:

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
well after two hours of research i did find listings and part numbers but still at a dead end. i know a good radiator shop, going to pull the heater core and see if this one can be repaired and if not see if he can frankenstien one that will work.....

miltruck

Registered
Look up LMCtruck.com on the net.
Specializes in 1972 to 1993 Dodge trucks.
Never bought anything from them but they do seem to have a long list of parts.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
already tried lmc, they have a few items. apparently not many of these truck had air conditioning back in 1977.

Power

Registered
I owned some Chrysler products from that era, worked on Chrysler vehicles from then, and replaced some heater cores, repaired AC systems, amongst other things. One of the more popular things was to replace the 440 "lean Burn" system with a performance ignition and fuel system.

Part numbers in each division were different, but Chrysler did not have the money or vehicle sales to design a variety of different parts for each model. They used common parts whenever possible across all 3 divisions.

It is very unlikely that heater core or AC system was designed specifically for pickups. The air conditioned pickup sales volume was so low, I am sure they adapted the AC/heating system from something else, probably a medium sized sedan.

You need to find someone with a cross reference book, or shop manuals so you can compare, or match up at a cooperative radiator shop.

Steve Kunz

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
I have a 1976 Dodge pickup that I needed a charging regulator for. I stopped at the local auto parts store thinking that they would have to order one, to my surprise they said oh we stock those.
It has a plastic gas tank, it had a crack at the top. There are two different tanks, 18 and 20 gal. I don't know why they would make two different tanks so close to the same size. I could not find one anywhere, called the dealer and the only one in the US was at a dealer in Iowa, but it was a 18 and mine is a 20. Since the crack was at the top I ended up taking the tank off and used a soldering iron and melted the crack back together.

Alan Svanes

Registered
Years ago working on ignition switch on a 79 Dodge I found out that the steering column was the same as a Chevy. Maybe another company also made the heater core.
Alan

Oldtech

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2019
A radiator shop should be able to make one up using your old tanks. They can get bulk heater core... at least they used to.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
cold as all get out and my shop is full so i am working outside on this one, warmer weather coming monday may get a chance to look at it then. i knew this was going to happen, it all ways does you either have nothing to do or it all rolls in at once. three motors to pull two to rebuild, a livestock trailer that needs brake work and basically a total rewire and a f350 needing brake work. my stuff will have to wait.:crazy:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
Not knowing ALL of the particulars, like what model of truck or engine size, I was somewhat limited in my search, but have you tried these guys. . .

Or These. . .

I just went with a 77 B100 on both searches to see what showed up.

On the second one there, it's interesting to see that Without AC the heater core is $110.43 while one WITH AC is only $77.43 :shrug:

Looks like they have 5 on hand, though taking a second look I see they are listed as "Rear" (possibly for a Ramcharger ?) :shrug:

:salute:

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
i am not up to speed on this era truck but i know it has a 360 engine and from my limited knowledge i think it is a w series, w meaning 4wd i assume. it is a 100, at least thats what the fender badges say. has power wagon badges on the hood, and adventurer on the truck.

---------- Post added at 07:43:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35:50 AM ----------

first link has one w/o a/c, second link i came up with nothing.

---------- Post added at 08:36:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43:30 AM ----------

learning about these, B series= van, d series = 2wd truck, and w= 4wd truck, 100, 200, etc =1/2 ton 3/4 ton and so on.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
i got the old s&^% box dodge running today, i have owned two over the years and swore them off after the second one! but as they say third time is a charm, i may just keep this one.:hide::hide:

drumfield

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2018
I have a '76 Power Wagon, came with a 400/2v auto. It's also a Club Cab Adventurer series. 400 was trashed, replaced with a 440/4v out of a motorhome. Got to fix both fuel tanks, and replace the dash and under-dash wiring harness, r&r heater core, repair a/c, and a few other minor things.
Be careful with the shifter for the TC. Easy to break, hard to find.:eek:

I think they had a "P" series as well. It was a "van turned into a pickup". I believe it was also called a 'forward control'.

Tracy T

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/16/2019
thanks for the heads up on the TC shifter! i friggin hate spell check!!!!! i know i spelled shifter right both times. if i didnt some body please correct me.

drumfield

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2018
Looks good to me. That's how I spelled it, and spell check told me I was wrong as well.