• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, give complete answers and fill in all blanks. Be Considerate, this is an application to JOIN Smokstak, therefore it becomes part of a decision to open the door to you or send you off to the dropout file. Place your City, State, Country in the location box and it will be compared to where the internet lookup utilities say that you are. Don't give me a zip code to look up, the Eject button is much easier. We get hundreds of applications, so there is not time for monkey business.

2-71 GM injectors

serioussam

Registered
I have a 1953 Allis Chalmers Hd5 with a 2-71 and was wondering if I could run N series injectors . Thanks for any help

The Diesel Doctor

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/28/2019
The 2-71 has a two valve head and requires a straight body injector 60 HV6 or similar. The body of these injectors are slightly longer than a N type internally but the same on the outside. I have machined the body to the same length as the N and transferred the parts to make a straight body N60. The engine started good and ran clean do to the higher popping pressure. The exhaust had a nice crisp sound. Don`t know about engine longevity with this modification. I haven`t had any issues with it ALOHA AL

little big man

Registered
I have a 1953 Allis Chalmers Hd5 with a 2-71 and was wondering if I could run N series injectors . Thanks for any help
Serioussam, Little Big Man on this end, I too have an Allis Chalmers HD 5 with a 2-71. Mine is a tractor shovel, how about yours? Did the hd -5 come as a straight dozer as well? Not sure about the injectors, mine runs quite well and is a powerfull little beast. I'll swap some pics with you. We are in the middle of a blizzard right now. Hope to hear from you. L B M