• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

2 cylinder opposed engine need identified

Mark Julian

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/12/2019
Need help determining what this engine might be from, thinking automobile or possibly tractor. Currently it's setup as a stationary power plant. Missing carburetor and magneto, I do have magneto bracket. Overall cylinder to cylinder length is approximately 5'. Any help is appreciated, will get better pictures after I unload engine. Thanks, Mark

Attachments

dkamp

eMail NOT Working
Yep, and those buggers really spin... take a listen to 'em on Youtube... they're so cool!

Rick Trotnic

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/05/2019
Mark, what's the part number on the gas tank brackets? Something you keeping or trading off . Thanks Rick

D Reachard

Registered
Last Subscription Date
02/13/2009
I believe your engine has been correctly identified but also believe it may have also been used in several other rare tractors in that time period. It appears the Montana and the Minneapolis were both built using other manufacturer's parts & might be using this same engine. Might your engine be For Sale Or "How about a trade" PM me if interested--------Doug