• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE as your location!

20-40 ebay Rumely

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
THIS oughta be interesting....... :rolleyes: .......20-40 Rumely ........or not.

I'm not expecting a whole lot of activity....... :confused:

ronm

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/10/2019
If my girlfriend's Powerball ticket pays off, there WILL be activity, Craig! :D Not that I'm holding my breath...:rolleyes:

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Wouldn't be the first time tractor prices took us by surprise! Watch and see, I guess?

KevinR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/08/2019
I saw that tractor this winter in person and it looked like a good G.

K-Tron

Registered
Is that really what these things go for?
Ever since I read about Rumely Oil Pulls online about 2 years ago I have wanted one. That one tractor would be a whole years salary out of my small landscaping business. I do not suppose the plots in suburbia are large enough for any sized Rumely with a belly mower :)

Chris

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
^ No K-Tron.......that isn't what they go for.
If that one DOES go for what he wants I think you'll be hearing jaws dropping all over North America and maybe in much farther off places....... :crazy:

Jason W

Registered
I think he's within a few grand of fair market price on it judging by auction sale prices from a few years ago. He's probably a tad high but I'd expect it would be knocking on the door of $40k at an auction today.

KevinR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/08/2019
Last year I saw three running 20-40's sell ranging from 35k-45k. In the 1990's I saw 5 running 20-40's sell in a three year span and none of them went over 12k. I guess times are changing!

Brian Mann

Registered
A nice G went off at auction in MD this weekend and brought $27,500 If you want one and are patient the mark is still about $30K

KevinR

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/08/2019
I see its been listed again at a lower price, and has a bid. Will be interesting to see what it will go for!

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
That's a better place to start off at. Maybe it's his own bid to get things rolling?

VintageDan

Registered
Model X Rumely for sale as part of Ted Small's 60-year collection of tractors, cars, motorcycles and one cylinder engines. Auction will be held June 22 in Lowden, WA near Walla Walla. See photo and YouTube video below of Model X Rumely. Also included is an IH Titan before 1920. A very rare 1896 Golden Gate 7 hp engine is available - see photo and video below. Many track and wheel tractors, CATS, John Deere, Cleetrac and more. Auction held by Macon Brothers www.maconbrosauction.com

My Dad loved to find engines and tractors on local farms, take them apart, restore them and "hear them run." He grew up in the 20's on the farm with horse drawn combines and was so excited to see the first tractors on the steep hilly ground.
Contact me for information - Dan Small, d.small@comcast.net

Rumely Oil Pull Model X Tractor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0yncS7wYQ&NR=1&feature=endscreen

IH Titan Tractor – YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2oPBdk0yPc

Cat 60 (The Elephant)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfpayFBT3g8

1896 Golden Gate Engine – YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7Jgv2G4Hc

Fairbanks Morse Engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=d7abYIqSfec&feature=endscreen

Attachments

Craig A

Staff member
Last Subscription Date
12/20/2015
"Error in the listing" my rear end....... :headbang:
When you preview your listing you DON'T MISS a $10,000 error....... :bonk:

OK.....the latest in the series....... :uhoh: >>> 3RD listing

Roger Summer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
09/25/2017
I see its been listed again at a lower price, and has a bid. Will be interesting to see what it will go for!
I wonder if the person that had the first and only bid backed out or what happened because it showed 0 bids after ending. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!:shrug:

Jon Nessel

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
I wonder if the person that had the first and only bid backed out or what happened because it showed 0 bids after ending. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm!:shrug:
Like I said. it wouldn't be the first time someone started things off on their own item:eek:

OTTO-Sawyer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
When the seller ends an auction early they can cancel all bids, the same as (I think) they can cancel individual bids if they choose to if they detect a problem with a bidder but choose to leave the auction run with the other bidders.

He was probably afraid it might only get the single bid and didn't want to let it go at that price, but like Craig said, you don't miss a $10,000.00 mistake, especially when he relisted and dropped it down from his original start price.

Brasherman

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/12/2019
Jon's right though: There are many who create extra accounts just to bid on their own items and drive them up.