• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

2011 Le Sueur Minnesota Swap Meet

moline101

Registered
I took the kids out to eat last night and thought I'd swing by the Pioneer Power grounds on the way. Three trailers lined up already. I'm getting excited in anticipation. I think I need to start loading my trailer just to scratch the itch. Hopefully the high fuel prices don't keep anyone away. They didn't seem to back in '08.

Attachments

JoeC6

Registered
Re: LeSueur Swap Meet

Boy, me and dad can't wait to go either!! The high gas prices aren't going to keep us away. I just can't believe there are already people lined up though haha. Hope to see you there.
Joe

Loren E

Registered

I'm looking forward to a great weekend there! Hope everyone brings lots of sunshine!

Mike Shaffer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/20/2019

I have been sitting in my truck for a week now ready to head North. Can't wait. Always a great time. I too wish for nice weather, although it's a crap shoot! :D

S.Simons

Registered
Last Subscription Date
11/04/2010

The week leading up to the swap weekend, has a lot of trading going on. Buyers and other vendors actually ride your trailer in before you get parked....

Ackman

Registered
Last Subscription Date
03/09/2011

If those strong storms come through & some tornadoes develop, those 3 trailers MIGHT not be there afterwards...:O

Mike Shaffer

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
05/20/2019

If those strong storms come through & some tornadoes develop, those 3 trailers MIGHT not be there afterwards...:O
Yep,
They may end up down my way. Hope they are full of sideshafts!!:D

Jim Walker

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/25/2019

We at Pioneer Power stand ready to welcome everyone with open arms. :=)

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016

We have started to get stuff together. I cant wait! I too am praying for good weather this year. I heard a rumor that they are letting us in earlier on Thursday. Is that true?

moline101

Registered

I love the riders. It's kind of the scorecard for your trailer. We figure if we get more than one rider, we've got ourselves a good load. Brother-in-law had a cushman scooter one year and a guy hopped into the back of the truck and tried to buy it while were were driving to get in line. Good times.

AdamB

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
02/26/2020

this could be a little early to ask,, but i'll ask anyway but is county rd 8 from the west ( that crosses over 169 ) and heads into the west side of Le Sueur open,, or under water yet?

moline101

Registered

It was closed for awhile, but it was open last Friday when I went through town. Should be good for the swap unless we get a second crest. Mn/DOT has a good map with all road closures. Here's the link http://www.dot.state.mn.us/flood/ Then click on "Map showing roads closed by flooding"

ehpower2

Registered

GUYS i work in BLOOMINGTON MINNESOTA and anyone that is coming THROUGH that via the 494 169 interchange. They are doing some heavy construction I suggest everyeone plan a DIFFERENT route because they have been closing on ramps off ramps and changing them around making that a potentional pain in the ass for anyone bringing trailers through that area.

ehpower2

Registered

well it just a mess and it bottle neck but i still suggest just going around it if you are pulling a large trailer because it seems like every few days they change the traffic around to work on some other part and i do not know what they are doing

Bob Hanauer

Registered
Last Subscription Date
10/23/2018

Are they going to let people rope off spots and save spots like last year? There were people on chairs and standing in the swap area early on Thursday AM saving spots even though it was posted that was not to happen. When I ask about it I was yelled at by the gentleman behind the counter. I know it is a big swap but it was way out of hand.

oldironlindy

Registered
Last Subscription Date
12/14/2016

For the life of me I can't figure out why the don't just assign spots ahead of time. No line, no roping off, no monkey busness. Everyone comes on thursday and sets up, swap starts on Friday end of story. I hate getting in there at 5 and scrambling to get set up before dark. Seems like it would be a lot easier.....:rant:

Dave Preuhs

Registered

We've had some nice, windy weather lately and the grounds have dried off nicely. So hopefully by the end of the month the grounds will be in good shape. We are nearly a week later than usual due to Easter being late this year.

The gates will open again this year around 5 pm on Thurs. Supposedly folks are not to go into the grounds until the gates open to hold a spot, but you know human nature, there is always someone pushing the limits. We do need some rules and regulations otherwise it would totally be out of control......we do try our best.

Just remember, with the amount of people on the grounds, golf carts, loader vehicles, etc. be careful and have a fun and enjoyable swap meet. :wave:

moline101

Registered

I took a spin past the grounds tonight. 17 trailers in line and the first row is almost full.

Thanks Dave for the info. Also, thank you for all your help loading and unloading all the rusty gold I sell and purchase over the weekend. Your loader skills are impressive in that big Kubota in tight quarters, on top of that, you must have the patience of a saint.