• If you like what you see here and your interests are compatible with our 30,000 other users, Welcome. Fill out the registration form with your interests, your real name (seen only by moderators) and your city, state or country. Be certain that you have spelled your email address correctly! Your account is then manually checked and approved.

2020 Alberta Steam Traction Engineers Steam School

Brian Manning

Registered
Just thought I'd post a notice that the Heritage Boiler Association of Alberta (HBAA) is holding their next Traction Engineer steam school on April 4th and 5th, held at the Reynolds Alberta Museum, Wetaskiwin, from 9 - 5 each day.
Successful completion of this course is mandated as part of the process to obtaining a Special Steam–Powered Traction Engine Operator Certificate of Competency from ABSA. The course consists of two days of classroom instruction (theory only) and you must pass the written examination to move on in obtaining your certification.
For more information and to register for the course, please go to www.hbaa.ca website and click on the "Training and Certification" button.
Friday, March 13, 2020 is the last day to register for the school.

Thanks

Brian Manning

Brian Manning

Registered
Just thought I'd post a notice that the Heritage Boiler Association of Alberta (HBAA) is holding their next Traction Engineer steam school on April 4th and 5th, held at the Reynolds Alberta Museum, Wetaskiwin, from 9 - 5 each day.
Successful completion of this course is mandated as part of the process to obtaining a Special Steam–Powered Traction Engine Operator Certificate of Competency from ABSA. The course consists of two days of classroom instruction (theory only) and you must pass the written examination to move on in obtaining your certification.
For more information and to register for the course, please go to www.hbaa.ca website and click on the "Training and Certification" button.
Friday, March 13, 2020 is the last day to register for the school.

Thanks

Brian Manning
This just in from the HBAA website.

Due to current concerns within our province, and issues with meeting venues, the Board of the HBAA have made the decision to postpone the Antique Steam Theory Course. If you have any questions they can be directed to our President, Randy Kvill at prkvill@syban.net. This is a public health issue and we as an organization need to support any recommendations by Alberta Health to do our part to contain COVID 19. We have tentatively set a new date of June 6-7, 2020. We are sorry for having to make this call, but need to do so due to several issues surrounding the whole health situation. We reserve the right to make changes to these plans based on recommendations that we are watching from Alberta Health. We thank you for your understanding.

OBCASE

Registered
Hey Brian,
This is a follow up to a previous email. If there is someone near you that this would interest then please pass it along for me. So far I have sold quite a few copies of this book. I just missed the cut off for the Rollag Steam School but made the 2019 Steam School in Manitoba. The positive sales is a good thing and I am glad it is being well received. I have received lots of positive feedback and even find myself going to it for reference (used it twice recently to answer questions put to me regarding steam gauges and riveting!). I have put another 2 orders in and should have some more then for the 2020 Manitoba Steam School and the Reunion at Austin, Manitoba to distribute and with luck to Rollag, MN for the school and show there (depending on our Covid 19 crisis). The books can also be purchased from McNally Robinson bookstores at mcnallyrobinson.com and use search words... “Boiler Bible” or phone in your order with shipping instructions (one store in Saskatoon, SK and two stores in Winnipeg, Manitoba and they can ship between these stores free of charge). There are normally 5 of my books on the shelf at the Grant Park store location in Winnipeg in the transportation section next to the steam locomotive books and the book store phone # is 1-204-475-0483 (open till 11:00pm). Let me know if you have any difficulties getting the book through the bookstore or if I can help in any way. I plan to have some more extra copies with me for more of my friends and yours in the hobby and will try to hand deliver to those people that have requested one if possible. The MAM at Austin may also have a few copies there in the gift shop. Thanks again for you support!
Take care,
Bruce Eberling

Previous email:
Dear Steam Enthusiasts,
As some of you may already know, I am in the final stages of getting a book printed for SAM members, MAM members, friends in the hobby, family or anyone that may desire something like this? This book has a total of 538 pages printed on a high quality paper and printed with an available Canadian book publisher/printer here in Manitoba. I am trying to get an idea how many copies to do on a first run of printing and have a list of pre-orders now that grows as the knowledge of this type of book becomes known by those people interested. If you would be interested in something like this then I will add your name to my list and do my best to get it in your hands and make sure that I have enough copies to do that. I have attached the front and back cover to give you an idea of the size and contents. I am hoping to be putting an order in in the next week or so. Feel free to pass this on to your other friends in the hobby. I appreciate all your support in this project of mine.
Bruce Eberling

Attachments