• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron, please register and join us. When registering, please provide your CITY and STATE in your location!

225 lincoln welder

circuitman

Registered
hi guys picked up the above at an auction & the amperage switch is stuck. how is the best way of getting it working again?:confused::confused::confused:

oldgoat 47

Registered
I would say pull off the case and make sure the contacts aren't welded first. Then a bit of lubricant down the switch shaft should do the trick.

circuitman

Registered
THANKS old goat! i was thinking along the same line, just hope none of the contacts are welded.can't even work on it due to the rain. my shop is so full of junk that i can't get it in the door.:wave::wave::wave:

slip knot

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/27/2019
try pushing the selector in a little when turning. Mine has to be pushed in before it will turn. a little lubrication wont hurt either.

circuitman

Registered
well the good news is got it to turn, but i don't know the inside contact condition.will add some lube to it as it defitenly needs it. THANKS AGAIN for the ideas!:salute::salute::salute::wave::wave::wave:

circuitman

Registered
cleaned the contacts up good & the selector still turns a little tight but belive it'll work ok. gotta order new cables the old ones are shot, not to mention the stinger & ground clamp.:D:D:D:D