• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! We get hundreds of applications, so there is no time to deal with missing information.

3/4HP Messinger Engine is ready for Coolspring

Paul Spence

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
01/02/2020
Since there was no interest in buying it :( , I dragged the engine home from dry storage, cleaned, and oiled it up from sitting for many years. Got to bring something unusual to Coolspring :brows: for display. I put some Coleman fuel in it, and a 6 volt battery for the ignition and checked for spark, and SPARK it did. I choked it through two intake strokes and the fuel came right up. Spun it twice and it was off and running, on the hard pick up Chevy bed with 432+++ miles, NICE. Stop by and see it across from STARBOLT in KK’s corral :) . Here is a short video of it running with the engine trucks just rattling away :uhoh: .

BSerfass

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
11/05/2019
I believe I am the currant caretaker of this 3/4 Messinger. It is now part of my families small Messinger collection. I am planning to take it and a couple others to the Jacktown Show next weekend 7/18 thru 7/20 and started a separate post to stir up some interest in the show. I will be there Friday and Saturday if you would like to see them.