• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

4hp Myrick Eclipse Original Regulator?

FLAman

Registered
Recently purchased this engine, serial number 366. I got most of the plumbing with it, minus the regulator. My question is, was the same regulator used on all these engines, or were there different ones depending on year of manufacture? I've found one and I want to make sure it is correct for my engine.

Thanks,
Rick L.

Bill Hazzard

Registered
Last Subscription Date
08/28/2008
All of the original engines that I have seen used what looked to be the same regulator. I used to own No.355 and I put one of the common regulators on it.

DieselAddicted

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
07/15/2019
I dont consider myself to be a Myrick expert by any means but just as Bill said all that appeared original to me had the same Myrick cast iron regulator on them.

PaulGray

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
12/24/2019
I've only seen one style of regulator marked Myrick...don't know if Luther made a similar regulator later after 1920. For your early S/N engine, the Myrick regulator would be fine IMO.