• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

For Sale 5 h.p. Galloway Round Rod with clutch pulley (Updated with more pics)

JWK10

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
08/16/2019
5 h.p. Galloway Round Rod with Havana clutch pulley and full base

Would make a classy project this Spring since many shows have been cancelled. Basically requires freeing up rusted parts, no parts search or expensive machine work required.

If you are not on lock down and could can get it to your shop, it would help pass the time while waiting the K-19 Widowmaker virus out. Will secure to a pallet, build a protective structure around it, and ship via Fastenal once service resumes, your expense or you may pick up in Kansas. It is estimated service will resume in a month.

I filled the hopper with water and took a picture showing the crack. No moisture present. Also, took a couple other shots; one of the igniter.

• Rare round connecting rod, early model
  • Not stuck
  • Clutch pulley
  • Full base
  • Complete, original
  • 50% original paint remaining, (haven't sprayed oil on it)
  • Minimal wear
  • Fuel tank included (not original to engine)
  • Hairline crack, 3" long outer water jacket near bottom (Not a big issue, I planned to fix by pouring silica in hopper.)
  • Ignitor rod is bent, but nothing is broken
  • No other cracks or welds that I've encountered
  • Auto sparker bracket has been sold that is shown in picture
  • Selling to make way for another project, had planned to restore, I am not a dealer
  • More pictures upon request (Pics were taken at the local auction I bought it from)
  • $2200.00 or make a reasonable offer. Will not entertain low ball tripe, please don't bother
Call 785-467-8971; please leave a message or PM me here. Thanks.

John K.
Kansas

Attachments

Last edited: