• If you like antique engines, vintage tractors or old iron machinery, register and join us. When you register on Smokstak, please give complete answers and fill in all blanks. IF YOU ARE ON WIRELESS OR SATELLITE, GIVE YOUR CITY AND STATE! NO ZIPCODES! All registrations are manually approved.

59th Annual Steam Era, August 30,31, September 1,2, 2019

David Hoover

Subscriber
What happened to the other place? Never mind..... I bet Humes place will be a good spot for it.

Last edited:

RobW

Subscriber
Last Subscription Date
06/11/2019
David, The move was related to money, a significant rental increase at last year's location so a new location became necessary.

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Word is, there is going to be a bit of heavy-duty ploughing done. Should be fun.

casertractor

Registered
Last Subscription Date
04/24/2018
Will there be any Goodison equipment on hand ?
Their might be the odd Hart Parr or Oliver tractor on display.I dont think their will be any John Goodison steam engines at the show this year but you never know what will show up

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
As a paying customer, I'll say it was a fantastic show in the new grounds at Hume's Farm. I believe it might have been one of the best Steam Eras ever. The club laid the grounds out perfectly. The main tractor display area was amazing - surrounded by trees and seemed like it was away from the outside world.
Got to visit with many old pals. Had a nice chat with Curt and with Caser. Curt's Grampa, Bill Earl, was a good friend. We passed many good hours in deep conversation at past Steam Eras, and often were side by each with our tractors. I miss Bill.
Could only make it Saturday, but it was excellent weather.
A great time was had. Should bring a load of tractors next year?

G Willikers

Sponsor
Last Subscription Date
05/01/2019
Yes, paying at the gate. I have not been a member of the club for nearly 20 years.